Part 32

Nitya's POV:

Here I am, enveloped in my husband's arms, carried bridal-style in front of the door where everyone has gathered. I presume they're here to welcome someone. I turn to him, asking to be let down, but he's not paying attention. Why does he always have to maintain that arrogant facade? Couldn't he just smile? Even a neutral expression would be a relief from that stern face of his.

Why does he have to do this to me? I feel so embarrassed. Why does it always have to be me? And just now he said that everyone knows about us. But when did they find out? Will they accept me? Maybe they won't.

Rudransh's POV:

She looks cute no matter what she does, but why does she overthink everything? Why does she think everyone is waiting for someone else when they're actually waiting to welcome her? And when she mentioned that my family might not accept her, who will make her understand that they would accept no one but her? They're all impressed by her. It's becoming hard for me to maintain this cold facade when she's being this adorable. I just want to pinch her cheeks and kiss her on that pout she makes while thinking.

Author's POV:

As Rudransh approached the door with Nitya in his arms, everyone couldn't help but adore them. They looked so cute together. Ishika turned to her brother Raj and remarked, "Did something happen to him? Why is he suddenly appearing as the perfect husband material?" Until yesterday, she had thought that no matter the circumstances, she shouldn't marry someone like Rudransh. But now, she found herself thinking that she, too, wanted a husband like him. Raj asked her what she meant by "like him," to which Ishika replied, "Like Rudransh bhaiya. He may appear rude and cold in front of every situation, but when Bhabhi fell unconscious and the doctor didn't inform us about her condition, I saw him become so furious that he could destroy the whole world if something happened to his wife."

Sunitha performed the aarti and applied tilak to both Rudransh and Nitya. She then instructed Nitya to kick a kalash filled with rice placed at the entrance with her right foot while entering the home. Nitya followed the tradition and entered the home first using her right leg, considered propitious. Sunitha then directed Nitya to dip her feet in water containing vermilion powder or red kumkum or Alta, leaving behind auspicious red footprints across the home, signifying the entry of the Goddess Lakshmi, symbolizing wealth and prosperity.

Afterwards, the Raghuvanshi siblings approached the door and stood there. When Rudransh inquired about their intentions, they informed him that he had to fulfill their demands to gain entry to the house. Rudransh asked what those demands were, and Latha explained that it was part of the ritual. Rudransh then called Rakesh and instructed him to note down the things they wanted and ensure they were fulfilled before evening. Rakesh nodded in acknowledgment, and they all entered the house together.

As Rudransh was making his way to his room, he was stopped by Latha, who mentioned that they needed to go to the temple inside the mansion to seek blessings from the gods. In the temple, Nitya performed the pooja, and after completing the aarti, they returned to the hall. There, they were seated opposite each other, and Ishika brought a vessel containing milk, rose petals, coins, and vermilion. Rudransh inquired about its purpose, and Ishika explained that whoever found the ring first would be considered the ruler of their married life.

Latha then took out her favorite ring and dropped it into the vessel. The family divided into two, with one side supporting Nitya and the other Rudransh. Nitya won the first round, Rudransh the second, and together they retrieved the ring in the final round. The younger ones pouted while the elders observed the couple affectionately. Latha asked why they were pouting, and Ishika explained that there shouldn't have been a tie; someone should have won. However, Latha reassured them that both Nitya and Rudransh had won. In their marriage, they would both play equal roles, neither dominating the other. If Rudra showed anger, Nitya would respond with love, and if Nitya was clumsy, Rudra would act responsibly. They were like fire and water, each possessing the same power in different forms.

Latha instructed everyone to freshen up for dinner and then rest, with Ishika helping her sister-in-law.

***********************************************************************************************

Author's Note:

English is not my native language, so I appreciate your understanding if there are any errors in my writing. Your feedback is valuable to me, so please let me know in the comments if you enjoyed my story or if there's anything I can improve upon. Thank you for your support, and I look forward to seeing you again soon!