Part 24

Nitya's POV:

As he inquired about what I was ready for, I simply replied, "Nothing." We then stepped inside, where I was enveloped in a warm embrace by aunty. Everyone present introduced themselves, but before I could reciprocate, they assured me they already knew about me, leaving me momentarily speechless.

The atmosphere was alive with dance performances and games, yet amidst the festivity, I couldn't shake the sensation of being observed. Oddly, it didn't unsettle me; rather, it bestowed upon me a peculiar sense of security. My gaze landed on Rakesh bhai, and I greeted him warmly before being introduced to his charming wife, Siya. She exuded an infectious warmth, and I couldn't help but express to Rakesh bhai how fortunate he was to have her by his side.

As Siya bhabhi was called away, I found myself alone and stepped outside. The view was breathtaking, with everyone eagerly awaiting the moon's appearance. However, Suddenly, a wave of weakness swept over me, likely from fasting since dawn. Spotting the moon's gentle glow, I turned to inform aunty, but a gust of wind sent my dupatta flying on my face, causing me to lose my footing. Bracing for impact, I was surprised to find myself enveloped in someone's arms, a sensation of security washing over me.

Slowly opening my eyes, I found myself staring into the eyes of my husband, captivated by their beauty. As we made our way back inside, a voice announced the moon's arrival, prompting him to ensure my safety before we continued. Though confused, I obeyed when he instructed me to stay still, his presence reassuring.

My husband's guard appeared with the puja thali, granting me the freedom to perform the ritual as I pleased. Despite his absence during my puja, he returned to break my fast, fulfilling the ceremony. As he received a call and departed, I joined the others, aware that it was time to head home for food.Near aunty, as she conducted her puja, my vision began to blur, and I struggled to keep my eyes open. Just as I felt myself slipping away, aunty's voice and a pair of arms caught me, preventing a fall. Before everything faded to darkness, I glimpsed my husband's face, a comforting presence in the chaos. Unsure of what was happening, I found solace in his proximity, trusting that he would set things right. Amidst the clamor, I heard someone shouting, but then everything went silent, enveloped in darkness.

***************************************************************************

Author's Note:English is not my native language, so I appreciate your understanding if there are any errors in my writing. Your feedback is valuable to me, so please let me know in the comments if you enjoyed my story or if there's anything I can improve upon. Thank you for your support, and I look forward to seeing you again soon!