Part 26

Author's pov:

As the tension thickened in the waiting room, every heartbeat seemed to echo louder against the walls. Rudransh's heart pounded in his chest, each passing second feeling like an eternity as he anxiously awaited the doctor's arrival. When the door finally swung open, Rudransh wasted no time in stepping forward, his fists clenched in anticipation."What happened?" he demanded, his voice a mixture of concern and frustration, his eyes boring into the doctor's.The doctor hesitated for a moment, taken aback by Rudransh's intense gaze and the urgency in his voice. "I need to speak with Nitya's family," she replied cautiously, her fingers fidgeting with the clipboard in her hands."We are her family," Rudransh retorted instantly, his jaw tight with determination, his body tensed for action. The doctor blinked, momentarily thrown off balance by his unwavering confidence. The rest of the Raghuvanshi family stood in stunned silence, watching the scene unfold before them.But when the doctor insisted on speaking specifically with Nitya's husband, Rudransh's patience snapped. He took a step forward, his voice rising with each word. "I am her husband, damn it!" he exclaimed, his voice resonating with raw emotion, his eyes blazing with intensity. "Now tell me, what's wrong with her?"His outburst reverberated through the room, causing a ripple of shock among the Raghuvanshis. The doctor took a step back, visibly taken aback by Rudransh's display of dominance.Finally, she spoke, her voice gentle yet tinged with concern. "Her health is fragile. She's not been eating properly, and her condition has worsened. We need to conduct more tests, but she's currently unresponsive to treatment."Rudransh's heart sank at the news, his mind racing with worry.He clenched his fists tighter, fighting back the torrent of emotions threatening to overwhelm him."Was she feeling unwell before this?" she inquired, her voice barely above a whisper, his gaze never leaving the doctor's face."No," Rudransh replied firmly, shaking his head, his voice tinged with anguish. "She was fine until the puja ended. It's only after that she collapsed."The gravity of the situation weighed heavily upon them all. Rudransh turned to Rakesh, his voice firm. "Prepare the car. We're taking her to the hospital."As Rakesh hurried to comply, Rudransh's gaze swept over the stunned faces of his family. They were all grappling with the revelation that he had married without informing anyone. But now was not the time for explanations or apologies.Latha opened her mouth to speak, but Rudransh silenced her with a look. "Not now," he said softly, his eyes pleading for understanding. "Let's focus on getting Nitya the help she needs."With Nitya cradled in his arms, Rudransh strode purposefully towards the car, his heart heavy with worry yet determined to do whatever it took to save his wife. The sterile smell of the hospital corridors, the cold touch of Nitya's skin against his arms, and the tension palpable in the air—all served as constant reminders of the battle they were about to face.

***********************************************************************************************

Author's Note:English is not my native language, so I appreciate your understanding if there are any errors in my writing. Your feedback is valuable to me, so please let me know in the comments if you enjoyed my story or if there's anything I can improve upon. Thank you for your support, and I look forward to seeing you again soon!