Part 8

Rudransh's POV:

After she(Nitya) left, a boy entered and led me to a room, instructing me to get ready. He handed me a traditional kurta, which I changed into. Rakesh arrived, informing me that he had alerted my guards and contacted my team to track down those responsible for the attack. Determined to make them regret their actions, I vowed to pursue justice relentlessly. Soon, the organizer summoned us to the mandap, where the priest directed me to my seat as the groom. He instructed us to follow his lead as the ceremony unfolded.

Then, it was time for the bride to appear. As she(Nitya) approached, she exuded regal elegance in her bridal attire, Her lehenga hugged her form perfectly, as if tailored for her alone. Her gaze fixed on the ground added to her allure. When I noticed her struggling with the stairs, I offered my hand, and after some hesitation, she accepted. We sat together in the mandap as the priest continued the rituals.

During the ceremony, Rakesh performed the kanyadaan on behalf of her family(Nitya's). Then, as instructed, I applied sindoor to her hairline, accidentally splashing a bit on her nose, making her look adorable. Tying the mangalsutra around her neck, I felt an unfamiliar sense of pride and fulfillment. Seeking blessings from the elders, we were interrupted by a girl who wished to speak with her (Nitya) privately. Assured by the organizer that she would be fine, I discussed with my team leader Akhil our plans to investigate the attack.

As we prepared to leave, I found her(Nitya) engrossed in conversation with the girl who had taken her aside earlier. Rakesh informed her it was time to depart, and she joined us without protest. Once we were on the road, I asked the driver to stop, wanting to speak with Nitya alone. As Rakesh stepped out of the car, I broached the subject.

Rudransh: "I need to talk to you. I've been thinking, and I don't want our marriage to be public just yet."

Nitya: (surprised) "Oh, really? Why is that?"

Rudransh: (with authority) "It's complicated. Let's just say it's better for both of us, for now."

Nitya: (nodding) "I understand. You can trust me. I won't say anything to anyone."

Rudransh: (softening) "Thank you. And remember, if you ever need anything or want to talk, I'm here."

Nitya: (hesitant) "Actually, there is something. Could you... give me a lift home?"

Rudransh: (assertive) "Of course. Where to?"

Nitya: (relieved) "Just to my place, please."

Author's POV:

Rudransh's decisive yet guarded demeanor hinted at the complexities of their situation, while Nitya's curiosity and hesitance revealed her desire for understanding and reassurance. Despite the uncertainties, their exchange showcased a budding sense of trust and mutual respect, laying the groundwork for their evolving relationship.

                                                   **************************

Author's Note:

English is not my native language, so I appreciate your understanding if there are any errors in my writing. Your feedback is valuable to me, so please let me know in the comments if you enjoyed my story or if there's anything I can improve upon. Thank you for your support, and I look forward to seeing you again soon!