Chapter 47 - The Butthead Boyfriend

Chapter 47 – The Butthead Boyfriend

     His phone kept ringing like crazy, and it was still just five in the morning. Daniel silently groaned and blindly searched for his phone under his pillow. He was mumbling to himself about how late it was— without realizing the actual time. When he finally found his phone, he took it from under his pillow and pressed answer without even opening his eyes or bothering to see who it was. As he placed it on his ear, he yawned, not caring about the person on the other line.

       "Daniel-san, ohayo gozaimasu," a familiar voice snapped his eyes open. "How are you today?"

     He resisted the urge to scoff. There was absolutely no doubt that it was that bald-head Richard Yao speaking on the other line. That guy was calling to ask him how he was? He has got to be joking. Daniel reluctantly sat up on his bed in annoyance and held his head. "What do you want?"

       "Patience, Daniel-san," Mr. Yao deeply chortled. "I only wish to remind you of meeting after New Year. You remember, yes?"

     'Patience your butt,' was what he wanted to say, but rolled his eyes instead. He just didn't like this guy. He laid his back on his bed again; he was still tired and was planning to take another nap after this useless phone call. "Yeah. I'll be there after the New Year's."

     He heard a soft mumbling on the other line but chose to ignore it. He wanted to hang up as soon as possible. Before he could attempt to close his phone, Mr. Yao spoke again.

       "Ah. I met your otou-san two day ago."

     Daniel sighed again. His otou-san? His dad? He had a feeling this conversation wasn't going to be over as soon as he had hoped. "So?"

       "I have been informed about your engagement." Mr. Yao replied. "I shocked to hear about it. How admirable Daniel-san, you a lady-killer no?"

     Daniel almost laughed. What a surprising choice of words. He chose not to reply, so the man behind the other line continued to speak.

       "This Poopy of yours," he said. Daniel's eyes widened from the mention of that nickname. "She pretty I see. I have lot of picture of her. My son a big fan of her after seeing her picture."

     He abruptly sat up his bed again, his sleepiness gone in an instant. He felt irritated all of a sudden.

       "Where did you get the pictures?" he stiffly asked as he tightened his grip around his phone.

     Mr. Yao seemed to be satisfied with his tone of voice.  He was actually anticipating it. "From internet. My son has this account on network called facebook."

     This has got to be one sick joke. Putting that aside, he paused and thought for a while. Did Kristina have a facebook account? That seemed very unlikely. He thought Mr. Yao was lying. "She doesn't have an account."

       "No," he laughed again. "My son saw it on other person's profile. Some girl called Ella Maxwell. She a good friend of Anne-chan I see."

     Daniel groaned internally. Ella. That crazy girl... He should have known. He scratched his head vigorously as he furrowed his brows. How did it turn out like this? He suddenly felt that something big was coming. Above all things, he didn't want Kristina to get involved with this type of matter.