Chapter 54 - Secret Superstar

Chapter 54 – Secret Superstar

       "Just click his name and then press this icon if you wanna video-chat him. It's that simple," Ella instructed as Kristina took mental notes. Daniella told her to make a Skype account yesterday, so they all could communicate better. She was clueless with this type of stuff so she asked help from Ella.

     The laptop they were using right now was Lizzy's. That woman got too excited when Kristina announced that she wanted to make a Skype account so she could see Daniel more.  Lizzy even gave her own laptop to her. She said she rarely used it and that Kristina needed it more than her. Kristina was thankful for her mother's exaggerated understanding and generosity.

       "So..." Kristina mumbled. "This video-chat thing. It's like we're talking to each other, except we're seeing each other on the screen?"

     Ella smiled and patted her best friend's head like a cute puppy. "Yes. What rock have you been hiding under in all this time?"

     Kristina felt bad for her own stupidity in modern technology. "Sorry if I'm too old-fashioned."

       "Moving on," Ella dismissed the topic and proceeded into teaching her the basics of Skype. "Make sure your webcam and speaker are on when you call him. And fix your appearance before..."

     Blah blah blah. Kristina sighed internally as her thoughts unconsciously envisioned Daniel's image. Ella's words seemed to fade away in the background. She wondered what he would be doing this time. The way he talked to her last night on the phone was like the usual, but she really wondered— until when will they communicate like this? It's been only two days since he left, and she was beginning to get worried.

       "TINA!!!" Daniella barged in her room hugging a few magazines against her chest. The sound of the door hitting the wall was enough to cause to room to shake a little. Ella and Kristina's attention quickly snapped towards their loud friend. Before they could both acknowledge her surprise appearance, she already slammed the door close with her foot and threw her magazines all over Kristina's bed. "Alright! Let's get started!"

     Kristina left her study desk and went to her bed. She examined the foreign magazines closely and eyed Daniella with confusion. Ella did the same. "What are these for?"

     Daniella grinned. "It's time for you to study your fiancé."

       "What?" Kristina tilted her head, feeling puzzled. She had no idea what Daniella was talking about. She took one magazine and quickly scanned the content. She looked at Ella but her best friend just shrugged her shoulders. "Anne, what do you mean it's time for me to study Daniel? What's with all these business magazines for?"

     Daniella took another magazine from the bed and showed it to her friends. Her face was pretty serious but those two could only form stirred-up expressions. Kristina stared at the unfamiliar face on the cover of the magazine. She even squint her eyes just to try and get out a name. But nothing. She didn't recognize the man at all.

       "Do you know this guy?" Daniella inquired. Both girls shook their heads. She peeked at the magazine as a small grin tugged up from the corners of her mouth. "This man is known as the number one entrepreneur all across Europe. He's the owner of the biggest airline company in London, he owns a few gas stations there as well, and he even has his own bank. He's pretty famous in the business world."

       "Not famous enough to get my attention," Ella snorted. Daniella smiled while rolling her eyes. She looked at Kristina expectantly but was responded with a blank face. Daniella sighed.