Chapter 9 - The Master and His Slave

"I want to get something straight and clear before anything else," Daniel folded his arms and a slight grin crossed his face.

    "What?" Kristina hopelessly sighed.

Daniel smirked and said, "Starting today, you're gonna call me 'master'. Disobey your master and you get punished. Wanna know what my punishment is too?"

  Kristina could only groan from irritation. She nodded and replied, "I hate you so much, master."

    "I'm glad we have mutual feelings for each other, slave," he replied.

The following morning, everybody kept staring at the both of them, wondering how things are going. P.E was over and they changed back to their usual clothes. Kristina walked like a zombie back to their classroom and sank in her seat. "Daaaaamn this day." She groaned.

    "Tina," Ella sat on Kristina's desk. "Don't worry. I'll help you get through this. It's not like Daniel is a sadist or anything right? He was just joking when he said he'll punish you. What did you think he'll do? Whip you? Slap you? As if!"

     "Ella, what's the point of cheering me up? Nothing's gonna change. Can't you see? I'm losing! To him! I can't stand it! And this is just too unreasonable! What the heck was Mr. Emerson thinking?! He's supposed to act like a teacher, not a kid!"

    "Seems to me that you have a newfound weakness," Ella grinned.

    "I wouldn't normally agree to this kind of stuff but since a teacher is involved with it, what could I do? I don't want to disobey a teacher!"

  Ella sighed and held Kristina's shoulders. "Stop making excuses. Why do you hate Daniel so much?"

  Kristina clenched her fist and gritted her teeth. "Gee, I wonder where I should start."

    "Nonetheless," Ella folded her arms. "It's just for one day. Bear with it."

    "Daaaaamn it." She hit her forehead on her solid desk.

  Two good hours passed by, it was finally lunch break. Kristina was packing up her stuff when Daniel walked forward towards her. "What do you want?" She groaned.

    "Buy me a milk shake," he said.

    "Where am I supposed to get that?"

    "At the cafeteria."

    "Are you stupid? Do you think our old-fashioned cafeteria could provide you with such a drink?" Kristina zipped her bag and prepared to leave.

  Daniel scratched his head and thought for a short while. "Alright. How about a burger then?"

  Kristina replied, "The cafeteria does sell that but--"

    "Good. Now buy it. If you disobey, punishment." Daniel said and left Kristina open-mouthed. When he finally left the room, Kristina pulled her hair and aggressively grabbed her bag. "What the hell was that?!"

    "Endure," Ella patted her back. "I'll be waiting for you on the roof top."

  So Kristina stomped her way into the cafeteria and found herself in the middle of a stampede. "Umf!" She uttered when somebody unknowingly elbowed her side. "Can't... breathe..." She stepped on her toes to find the section where they sell the burgers. It was so crowded that it took her a long time to get through. When she finally found the stall, she asked for a cheeseburger, waited five minutes for it to cook and took another long journey out of the crowded cafeteria. "Mission complete." She smiled and felt proud.