Chapter 2 - The Start of a Bad Relationship

"Kristina! Sweetie what's wrong?!" Her mom shook her shoulders back and forth. Kristina was wearing a towel-dress now, and couldn't get herself to open her mouth; her face was very pale and her heart was thumping loud and hard like a stereo. She was still petrified from the shock. Kristina knew that she couldn't tell her mom about the boy who entered the bathroom just now, he may had been the long awaited guest and just lost his way across the room.

    "A-A spider!!!" She yelled. There wasn't really a spider, she just used that as an excuse.

    "WHAT?! WHERE?!" Her mother jumped at the toilet bowl, hugging her legs.

    "It's gone!" Kristina said.

    "JACOB! HELP! THERE'S A PERVERTED SPIDER ON THE LOOSE!"

Meanwhile back at the living room...

    "Daniel! Where are you boy?" Jonathan opened the back door.

    "Right here pops," Daniel said from behind with doe-like eyes.

    "Where have you been?"

    "Nowhere." He tried to avoid his father's eyes.

 Jonathan sighed in relief and sat on the living room couch. "Good. You had me worried back there."

    "Johnny?! Is that you?!!" Jacob hang his coat on the rack and entered the room. "Welcome back old friend!"

    "Jake!" he stood up and shook hands with him. "It's good to be back."

  As Daniel's father got distracted again, he went outside and breathed. "Who the hell was that girl?" he mumbled under his breath. He smelled the fragrance of the newly blossomed flowers at the garden. At that moment, he remembered his childhood days. He remembered how he always used to run and play around at that same garden, together with his playmate.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

In Kristina's room...

    "Mom! What is this?!" Kristina took the hangered dress from the closet. "There's no way I'm wearing this thing! And come down from the toilet! There's no spider anymore."

  Her mom looked left and right, then dashed into her daughter's room and bounced on her bed. "Aaaw but that dress is so cute." Now this was an unusual mom. Lizzy was very childish. She was still a romantic teenager at heart, and she wanted Kristina to be one too. Sadly, her daughter decided to be more mature than her mother.

    "It's not cute. It's too short," she complained. "I'm not wearing this." She threw the dress on the bed and grabbed her sweat pants.

    "No! You HAVE to wear this!" Her mom begged. "Please? Just this once? I went through a lot of trouble just to get this for you..." she acted all disappointed and teary eyed. Kristina groaned and took the dress from her mother's hands.

    "Alright fine! I'll wear this stupid dress."

    "Yey! Hurry, I'll fix your hair," Lizzy smiled.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

  After they were done, they went downstairs and headed for the dining room. "Jacob! Sweetie come here!"

Jacob entered the room and his jaw literally dropped. "Kristina?!" He exclaimed. "Is that you?!"

    "No, no. I am called Linda, ruler of the underworld. I have taken over your daughter's body." She said in a sarcastic tone. Her dad laughed and hugged her. "How are you able to say that with a straight face? Just kidding, you look beautiful hon."