Chapter 58 - The Big Mess

"No..." Kristina whimpered as her two evil best friends approached her, holding make-up kits, curling irons and a huge vanity kit. They were currently in Daniella's house, and as expected, she lived in a house comparable to Kristopher's and Daniel's mansions. It was huge.

       "You are in no position to object," Ella said, a wry smile forming on her face. "I told you that I'd be your official make-up artist didn't I?"

     Kristina literally cringed when she saw the different colours of eye shadows and lipsticks inside Daniella's transparent beauty kit. She hated having to put icky stuff on her face. It wasn't like she was allergic to it, but she was just annoyed with the heavy feeling make-up gave her. She also hated it when people apply eyeliner, eye-shadow or mascara on her eyes. It made her itch and tear up. "Can you make it light?" she pleaded.

     Daniella and Ella grinned, pleased with her decision, even though she sounded reluctant. It seems like she wasn't as stubborn as before. And they knew who she was doing this for too. "We'll make it natural. Now let's start!"

     Two hours later, the girls were done preparing. Daniella wore a sleeveless beige dress that had an elegant brooch pinned in the middle of her chest as an accent, and her hair was styled in a butterfly up-do. Ella wore a deep blue dress with tiny sequins surrounding her waist and hips, making her curves stand out, and a neat, high ponytail made lovely with the curling iron.

     And then there's Kristina. She was frowning as she took another glance at her own reflection on Daniella's tall mirror. Her dress was a ruby red halter-styled top that trailed just above her knees. With the kind of soft fabric the dress was made of, it hugged her curves softly and the neckline was low enough to be flattering but without revealing everything.

     A gold flower necklace was around her neck and her make-up was done with the smoky-effect. Her eyes looked like a cat's. Her hair was left loosely behind her shoulders and small bangs to softly frame her face. Though she looked beautiful, she felt awkward and unsafe. Especially with the monster heels Daniella lent to her.

     She practiced walking steadily just until her feet got used to the heels. She blinked her eyes fast and frowned at her friends again. "I feel naked. I walk like a penguin. And my eyes itch."

       Ella shook her head vigorously as she pinched her stubborn best friend's arm. "Don't scratch or touch it if you don't wanna end up looking like a retarded panda! It's not waterproof."

       "And it's just for tonight," Daniella added. "The party's like a modern-ball. Our attires are perfect for the occasion! Sean's already waiting outside the limo. So let's go now."

       "But we're three hours late already," Ella checked her watch – 9pm.

     Three hours...late?

     Kristina's eyes widened unbelievingly as she gawked at Daniella. She never knew about the details of the party. Being late didn't agree with her Spartan president side, which was always punctual and disciplined. "We're this late already?! People will be staring at us when we come in!"

       "It's not like school Tina," Ella explained patiently. "It's a party for rich people. And being late is the whole point anyway, right Anne?"

     Kristina transferred her ridiculous gawking face at Daniella. Why did Ella sound so calm? Daniella just shrugged uncaringly. "I'm always late in my uncle's parties. It's called fashion-late. I want people to stare at us when we come in. I want to attract enough attention so if Danny and Tops sees us, they'll freak and we'll have our revenge."