Chapter 26 - Unrevealed Secrets

"Annoying," Kristina mumbled. It was already the last period for their afternoon classes, and Daniella kept chatting and giggling with Daniel. He, on the other hand, just kept nodding his head nonchalantly. "So annoying."

     Kristopher, who was sitting a few chairs behind the three of them, gently placed his cheek on his palm and absent-mindedly stared at Daniella. She looked happy. She was happy to see Daniel again, not him. He expected just as much, so why bother feel lonely about it now?

     Ella also kept on staring at them. Somehow, she wasn't sure whether to hate Daniella or to like her. What was going on around here? She recalled what Tina had said earlier. 'I shouldn't be bothered by her. I shouldn't be feeling irritated. What the hell is wrong with me?'

     She knew what her best friend exactly felt. She wanted to tell her, but decided not to, since she was too thick-headed to accept the fact that she was jealous. She glanced at Kristina; she was gripping her pen tightly and tried focusing all her attention to the teacher speaking in front, but it was obvious that she couldn't concentrate with what was going on in the corner of her eyes. "Aish. There's no telling what will happen later."

     A few seconds later, the bell rang. Their teacher abruptly stopped talking and advanced outside the classroom. Kristina sighed, closed her notebook and dropped her pen. She jotted down a lot of important notes, but she didn't get the lesson at all. She took a small glance at Daniel; he was putting his comic book back inside his bag. She sighed again, this time heavier.

       "Dan--"

       "Danny!" Daniella jumped from her desk and began pulling his arm. "Let's go out! C'mon!"

     Ignoring the loud girl beside him, he looked at Kristina with his usual eyes and asked, "Yup?"

     First she stared at him, then at Daniella, who was smiling cheerfully at her. "Nothing," she turned her head and looked away. Where was an idiot when you needed one? It was strange. Kristopher didn't come running to her as always. When she peered over her shoulder to see what he was up to, she found him still staring blankly at the board.

       "Kristopher?" she went to his desk and nudged his shoulder. She wouldn't normally do that, but judging from the circumstances right this moment, she figured it was necessary. "Class is over."

       "Oh-huh?" he faced Kristina and stared at her for a few seconds. When her presence finally registered in his brain, his eyes lit up and he flashed his usual idiotic-face. "Tinz!"

     Kristina half-smiled at him. There was something wrong. Not only with her, but with Kristopher as well. That new girl's appearance seemed to have made a big impact on them. But why? Daniel and Daniella were looking at the two of them.

       "Aaw! You two look so cute together!" Daniella chirped. Daniel just kept staring at Kristina.

       "Thanks," Kristopher mumbled. Kristina didn't protest this time, she didn't have the strength to. "Tinz, did you have something to say to me? Why did you come to my desk?" he asked, a hinge of teasing in his eyes.

       "Um..." she played with the hem of her shirt. "I..."

       "Danny, where do you usually go after class? Can I come with you?" Daniella said, her voice was loud. Kristina stopped talking and observed the two.

       "Nowhere," he replied. He stood up, put on his bag and looked at Kristina again, waiting for her to get ready as well. He slid his hands inside his pockets and brushed his car keys with his palm. Daniella noticed that.