Chapter 5 - The Childhood Promise

Author's Note:

               Lalala! Nothing! I just wanted to say hi! Lol. Enjoy the story and don't forget to leave a comment! =))

_______________________________________________________________________

  All the students were inside the gym getting restless. They were waiting for the Principal's announcement. Ella was getting hyped-up while Kristina on the other hand was feeling rather guilty and nervous. "What is this? Why am I feeling this? Damn this is such a nuisance. Daniel's such a nuisance," she bit her nails.

  In the gym, Daniel was standing and yawning. He easily gets bored. He saw Kristina across the gym looking so troubled. He put his hands in his pockets and acted as if it didn't concern him while in fact, he was getting really worried. "Dan!" Sean tried to smack Daniel's back. Daniel caught his hand and twisted it without a sweat. "What do you want?" he said.

    "Ow ow ow! Cool man! Where'd you learn that?!" Sean took his arm back. "I'm just tryna make friends here. So, who did the witch sign you up with?"

 Daniel sighed and turned around. "Who knows. I don't care." Then he walked away.

    "That dude is so..." Sean clenched his fist. "So COOL!"

 "Students," the Principal finally took the microphone. "You can now proceed to the dressing room and change in your assigned costumes."

    "That's our cue," Ella said. "Let's go Tina!"

    "Um.. Alright," she muttered.

*

  At the dressing room, Daniel started to stare at his costume. He took it and checked if it was really his. "You've got to be kidding me," he said.

    "You're lucky!" Sean appeared again. "You got a prince outfit while I'm stuck wearing this frog crap! What am I supposed to be anyway?!" he roared. Daniel looked at everybody in the room, they were all wearing ridiculous costumes too. "What are these costumes for?" he asked Sean.

    "Cosplay I think," Sean replied as he took his shirt off. "Some idiot suggested a game for couples. You're lucky if you get a hot chick as your partner. Tsk! I'm stuck with Ella the witch."

    "And how do you play this game?" Daniel asked again.

    "You're supposed to act. If your costume's a prince, then you should act like a prince. That goes the same for your partner. During the whole festival, they said you shouldn't let go of your partner's hand. How disgusting right?" Sean finally finished putting on his frog outfit.

At the girl's dressing room...

    "WHAT?!" Kristina took a step back, away from Ella's claws. "You're gonna make me wear that... That thing?!"

    "What are you talking about?!" Ella kept coming closer. "Did you know how many girls wanted this costume? I literally fought them just to get this for you!"

    "You can give it back to them because there is no way I'm wearing that! And play that stupid game? Count me out!"

    "Kristina!" Ella yelled and silence crept the dressing room. All the girls stared at her. "Why can't you act like a girl for once? Are you really determined to leave Daniel out there without a partner?"

  Kristina stopped and thought about it for a while. She didn't want to leave Daniel out there, that'd be rude and cruel. "Fine," she said. "I wanna make up with him anyway." she thought to herself.