Chapter 13 - Daniel's Rival

"TIIIIINAAA!" Ella sprung her arms around her best friend. It was recess time, everybody rushed out of the room as soon as the bell rung. Some girls stayed in to chat, some introduced themselves to Kristopher, and others just tried hard to catch his attention. He didn't mind. The young actor just entertained his new classmates' questions and cheerfully smiled at them.

     "Oof! Ellaaa," Kristina laughed as she removed her friend's arms around her neck. They both looked at Kristopher's desk, which was surrounded by a lot of girls. "Why are all the girls in our class like that? Do they have some kind of a pretty-boy fetish or something?" she wrinkled her nose.

    "Well," Ella twirled her hair and glanced at Kristopher. "He is a cutie."

    "Pft." Kristina just snorted. They began debating about the new student's looks and personalities. Ella kept defending Kristopher while Kristina kept mocking him.

    "Why don't you like him? And the way he hugged you earlier, do you two know each other? Is he one of your childhood friends too? Wow all your friends are HOT." Ella said. "Including me, that is." She jokingly added.

  Kristina glared at Kristopher before she responded to her best friend's question. When he noticed her, he just waved his hand and called out: "TIIIINZ! YOOHOO!"

  She sighed and replied, "No I don't know him. I just bumped in to him two days ago, and then met him at the principal's office just yesterday."

    "Oooh?" Ella scratched her chin upon glancing at the celebrity, who was enjoying their classmates' compliments and warm welcomes. "Sounds like fate haha. Then why? Suspicious..."

    "That's what I thought." Kristina sat on her desk. "Why did he come in this school? A big celebrity like him should enroll in more prestigious schools for rich people like him. There must be a reason why he's here." She linked her fingers together and wrinkled her forehead.

  Ella sat folded her arms and said, "Maybe. You're just thinking too much Tina. Say, are you free this Saturday?"

  She looked up. "Yeah, I guess so. Why?"

    "That's great! Let's go to the beach then!"

    "Huuh?! Why so sudden--"

    "You've been so occupied with the position as pres lately that you don't hang out with us anymore! You need to go out and relax! C'mon! It'll be a blast!" Ella insisted.

  Kristina thought about it. "I don't mind going but... I don't have anything to wear..."

    "That's fine!" Ella was too loud. "We'll go shopping later after class! I was planning on buying a new swimsuit anyway. So? You in?"

  She shrugged and nodded her head. "Fine. But Ella, please. Don't hook me up with any more guys? You know I hate it when you do that." Kristina remembered when Ella invited her to a dinner party before. She introduced him to a fine looking guy and left them both to talk. The guy was interested in her, but later, Kristina got too annoyed that she ignored the guy for the rest of the night.

    "No worries! It'll be just you, me, and some other girls!" Ella hugged her. "Yes! I'm so excited--"

    "TINZ!" Kristopher suddenly yelled and stood up from his desk. "TINZ! I need to talk to you!"

   Kristina groaned. "What now?" Kristopher pushed his way out of the girls surrounding his desk. "Excuse me ladies. Let's talk later, kay?" Then he jumped and jogged towards two girls' direction. Ella had a mild smirk on her face while a frown crossed Kristina's.

    "Tinz!" He yelled as if he just found his lost puppy. Kristina held her forehead. "Don't call me Tinz. What do you want?"

    "Well," he grinned. "The teacher said you'll be my personal tour guide for today didn't she? Let's go later after class and have lot's and lot's of fun!"