Chapter 27 - Daniel's Apology

Five minutes earlier...

       "C'mooon Danny!" Daniella pleaded with a teasing tone. "Just let me help you with this! If she thinks that we were an item, she'd get jealous and confess her true feelings for you! It's brilliant! So, what do you say?"

       "No," Daniel replied coldly. He was walking in circles in Kristina's garden and Daniella kept following him from behind, He thought she was getting pretty annoying, but he just sighed. He was used to it.

       "Aaw why not?" she pouted. "Ever since we were kids back at the mansion, all you've been talking about was this Poopy of yours. And now that I've finally met her in person, I wanna help you steal her heart! See? Doesn't that sound fun?"

       "I don't need help. I'll be alright doing it alone, thank you."

       "No you're not!" she stomped her feet. "Can't you see Danny? She's confused! She's denying her own feelings! And that... that stupid Tops is making moves on her as well..."

     Daniel made a heavy, audible breath before he turned around to look at Daniella's face. "So are you. Anne, the real reason why you came here was not to see me, wasn't it? You wanted to see him. That idiot. You keep pestering me about all of this, why don't you fix your own problems first?"

     Daniella narrowed her eyes down her feet. "That's not true. I came to see you too. You're my best friend Danny."

     He made another sigh. Things will just get more complicated if this keeps up. "Whatever you say."

       "And since I'm your best friend too, I'll make sure you'll be Tina's boyfriend in no time!" Daniella squealed.

       "No need," Daniel said. She was about to interrupt when he added, "We're already engaged so there's no need for you to do anything."

     Daniella's eyes widened like saucers. She gave herself a mental slap on the face for forgetting how Kristina greeted her earlier. Of course they were engaged! She said so herself back at the classroom. "Holy shit Danny!" she gasped. "And I claimed to be your fiancee in front of class... infront of her, when in fact you already had a fiancee... Oh my God."

       "That's why I told you not to do stupid things without asking me first." He walked a few meters away from her and turned his gaze up the orange sky. The sun was already setting, and the scene was beautiful. "About Tops," he said. "Do you still like him?"

     Daniella fell silent after hearing that, She squeezed her chest and sighed long and heavy. She was about to reply when she saw the kitchen lights turn on from the corner of her eyes. Sensing that it was Kristina, she ditched the topic and decided to carry on with her plan even if Daniel didn't want her to.

       "I still love you!" she shouted, a bit louder so Kristina could hear it. Of course, she didn't mean it. It was only for the sake of drama and fun. This girl was too bored. Surprised, Daniel turned around and gave her a confused look.

       "What?"

       Daniella snickered and peered over her shoulder at the kitchen's window. The drapes were closed but she saw Kristina's shadow over the window. She saw her turn stiff for about a few seconds, and then she slowly went to the door.

       She laughed inside her head and sprinted towards Daniel. He, on the other hand, had a slightly dishevelled face. "Anne! What are you doing?!"

     She wrapped her arms around his neck and drew her face closer to his. She poked her nose on his and grinned mischievously at his lost face. "Just go with it."