Chapter 49 - Fun in a Faux Beach

Chapter 49 – Fun in a Faux Beach

     Kristina woke up first and was greeted by a faint ray of sunlight that was peeking from behind the thick curtains. She sat up and stretched her arms before walking like a zombie towards the bathroom door. As she twisted the knob with half-open eyes, she noticed Daniella yawning and stretching—she must be awake now too.

     When she entered the bathroom and silently closed the door, the sleepiness in her eyes instantly evaporated when she found herself inside a sparkly-clean-humongous-luxurious-expensive place. She sighed and thought that she could never get used to this.

     After taking a long, warm bath using almost all the colourful and sweet-scented shampoos and liquid soaps she found inside the shower, Kristina went out smelling as fresh as a newly-blossomed flower. Daniella and Ella were already awake when she stepped out on her towel-dress. They both inhaled the scent and sighed dreamily.

       "What is that stuff? It's glorious!" Ella chirped. Kristina grinned and dabbed a small towel on her damp hair.

       "I don't know exactly. The brands looked pretty foreign to me. Must be imported or something. It's inside the shower—"

     Without a second thought, Ella sprinted towards the bathroom and slammed the door immediately. Kristina and Daniella giggled at their friend as they prepared their selves for breakfast when they come down.

~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~

       "How about this!" Kristopher yelled with a confident grin as he flipped a pancake on the pan, threw it behind him and landed it perfectly on the other stacks of pancakes. He cautiously placed a tiny cube of butter above the stack and it quickly melted. Kristopher took a small bottle of maple syrup and squirted a generous amount on top of the pancake tower.

     Sean clapped his hands as if he'd just seen a magic trick. Daniel scoffed playfully and mockingly nodded his head as if he was a pleased American Idol judge.  "C'mon Tops. You can do better than that."

       "I can," his cousin stubbornly replied with a grin. "Watch me."

     Just as he began cracking two eggs at each hand on the wide non-stick pan, the girls were coming down the stairs. They had their noses up, following the aroma of the pancakes as they sat on the tall bar stools in front of the breakfast bar where Kristopher was childishly bragging about his cooking skills.

     When he saw Daniella, he immediately levelled up his cooking exhibition by flipping the eggs high up, the same way he did with the pancakes. The eggs fell down in harmony as he easily caught them all using the plates, single-handedly. His guests applauded and he wagged his eyebrows at Daniella. She waved her hand and rolled her eyes jokingly.

       "That was awesome dude!" Sean said, but it was obvious that he just wanted to eat already.

       "Cool technique!" Ella articulated.

       "Yeah," Kristina smiled and inhaled the sweet scent of the pancakes and the mouth-watering aroma of the fried eggs. Daniel was laying his folded arms against the marble table as he began studying her appearance without her knowledge. "It smells wonderful!"

     Kristopher made a peace sign and gave his cousin a smug look upon sticking his tongue out, somehow rubbing it in his face that he got better compliments from them than from him. Daniel ignored him and grinned at his beaming or seemingly glowing fiancée. "You don't smell so bad yourself."