Chapter 32 - Spilling the Dirt

A/N: Dedicated to brixyw for the funny banner at the side. LMFAO. That was shocking. XD

...................................................................................................... 

      Kristina woke up really early the next morning. She found herself in the same position as last night, still wrapped in Daniel's warm arms. Her cheeks slightly tinted pink and she felt her heart do a single, but big flip. She held her breath as she gently took his arms off her waist and carefully placed his head on the soft pillow in order not to wake him up.

     She tiptoed towards her wardrobe and quietly took her towel and uniform, then sprinted towards the bathroom. Five minutes after taking a bath, she felt refreshed and the morning breeze caressed her skin. She loved early mornings; it made her mind clear and made her think more properly.

     After she wrapped the thick fabric around her body and made a towel-dress, she dried her hair and patted her skin with the towel. As she took her well-pressed uniform from the hanger, she suddenly remembered one, essential piece of cloth she forgot to bring with her: her underwear.

    She slapped her head and bickered a few words under her breath for forgetting something as important as that. Kristina, still wet and wearing the towel-dress, silently opened the bathroom door and tiptoed again back to her room. She took what she needed from the small drawer inside her closet and decided to run back to the bathroom before Daniel woke up.

     Before heading towards the door, she stared at his sleeping face. Unlike his usual, doe-like expressions, smirks and smug looks, he actually looked innocent when he was asleep. His hair was a total mess but still, this butthead managed to look so good in it. A small memory fleeted inside Kristina's head when she remembered how Daniel, as a little boy, always slept on the couch after running around the garden and playing with her.

     She noticed that she'd been staring at him for quite a while now and had forgotten that she was only wearing a towel. She took a single step when the floor loudly creaked.

     His forehead suddenly creased and he turned to his side, making Kristina jump and panic, thinking that he was already awake. While cursing under her breath, she made a run for the door but as clumsy as she will always be, she slipped on Daniel's pants lying on the floor, lost her balance, tipping over his futon, and landing heavily on his chest.

     He woke up immediately from the shock and blinked fast. He held his head and groaned... when he suddenly saw the half-naked girl pressed against his chest. Kristina thrust her hands on the futon and tried to crawl away, but she failed miserably and ended up in such an awkward position. Daniel raised her chin with his finger and mumbled, "Morning to you too, Poopy."

     Kristina couldn't even make up an expression. Their faces were three inches apart, and she was still in that position. Her muscles tensed up as she tried to crawl backwards, hoping to escape this humiliating incident which she knew will haunt her for the rest of her life, but it was a big mistake, because as she quickly moved backwards, her towel loosened and opened at the front, flashing Daniel a perfect view of her chest.

     His eyes snapped open completely with what just flashed before him and quickly covered his eyes with the back of his hand. Kristina jumped off the futon, gripped her towel and ran for the bathroom, slamming the door really hard behind her. Her face heated up and her knees felt shaky and weak. That was too embarrassing! She couldn't believe that actually happened.

     She locked the bathroom door and took quick breaths. She was wondering if her heart was still inside her ribcage after all those events. She squealed in frustration and pulled her hair, which was still damp. A knock on the door made her jump from the shock again.