Chapter 17 - The Confrontation

"Sir Peanut Butter... I have a bubu..." The five year old Kristina sniffed upon babying her leg. She accidentally stumbled down on the ground while she was running around the field, and scraped her left knee. Kristina wanted to scream like a normal hurt kid would, but she didn't want her friend to see her cry.

    "Eeeh?!" Daniel panicked when he saw blood dripping from the little girl's leg. "What do I do?! What should I do?!"

  Kristina cringed, bit her lip and closed her fist. "Painful..!"

  Feeling utterly useless and in a loss of what to do, Daniel knelt down with both knees in front of his friend. "I'm sorry... Poopy..."

    "You didn't do anything Sir Peanut Butter!" She forced a smile. For a girl her age, being able to stay cheerful after such an accident was unbelievable. The little boy felt bad. Just then, a bright idea struck him. He began picking up the fresh leaves beside him. "Sir Peanut Butter, those aren't flowers!" She laughed. "Why are you picking them?"

  After gathering a pile of clean and green leaves, Daniel laid them beside Kristina's dress. He slightly pulled his shirt up, and then wiped his friend's knee with it.

    "Ow ow owieee!" She covered her eyes. Since Daniel was a kid without knowledge about real first-aid, he just rubbed his shirt on the little girl's wound as if it was a dusty window.

    "Sorry!" He apologized. This time, he gently wiped her knee clean and then placed a few leaves on her wound. "There!"

    "Wow! It feels so cool! Thank you Sir Peanut Butter!" Kristina quickly stood up, thinking it was already healed, then fell on her butt before realizing that it wasn't fully-healed yet. "Oof!"

    "Poopy don't move around!"

    "My butt hurts..." She rubbed her behind. "And my knee itches! Wooo it's a bit painful..." She cringed. Daniel frowned. "Poopy..."

    "Uhuh?" She looked up to see her friend laying his hands on her shoulders.

    "Please... Cry." He said with a worried look on his face.

    "Eeh?! What do you mean? You're acting funny!" The little girl giggled. Daniel gave her an intense stare.

    "The pain will go away if you just scream loudly or cry a few tears. So... You don't have to force yourself, you can cry in front of me Poopy!" He gladly opened his arms. Kristina stared at him for a few seconds, a bit confused, then unconsciously, her eyes filled with tears.

  She kept staring at her friend; she didn't notice the tears trickling down her cheeks. Suddenly, her lips pressed hard against each other and she burst out crying.

    "WAAAAH! It hurts! It really hurts!" she wailed. Daniel smiled at the little girl and hugged her.

    "It's gonna be okay Poopy. We'll ask Daddy and Auntie Lizzy for help later. And always remember, just cry if you want to, and don't cry without me!"

  The little girl kept screaming of how painful it was. She gripped the little boy's shirt and cried a little harder. "SIR PEANUT BUTTER!!! IT HURTS!!! MOMMY!!! IT HURTS!!! WAAAH!!! WAAAH!!!"

~'~'~'~

    "TINA!" Ella yelled, then Kristina fell off her bed. "OW!"

    "It's morning you sleepyhead! Or should I say... Poopy?" She had a wide smile on her face. Kristina rubbed her eyes and saw the sun shine through her window. She yawned and stood up from the floor. "Oh. So it was just a dream."