Prologue: Origins Part 1 (Stoneheart)

Ryo POV

The sound of my alarm clock woke me from my sleep. I groaned and reached for it to shut it off, only to see the time.

"Not again!" I groaned and leaped out of my bed.

After a quick and thorough shower, I exited the bathroom and swapped into an orange hoodie, black jeans and black and white sneakers.

I picked up my backpack and darted downstairs, picked up a note from my mother with my lunch box.

Let's hope today could help me forget about my old school.

Originally, I used to live in Detroit, USA. My father was Japanese but moved to America to study law enforcement. After meeting my mother... you get the idea. Sadly, he was murdered for getting involved in a human trafficking case, resulting in me getting bullied for it. It didn't help that one of my ex classmates also got me in trouble for spreading false rumours about me.

Afterwards, my mother and I moved to Paris after she got a place to work as a high-class chef, meaning we don't see each other that much. I figured that the bullying would stop, but I became a target for Warren Mcginnis because of my high grades.

My only comfort are parkour, music, studying and spray painting.

As I made my way down the street, I noticed an elderly man's groceries fallen to the ground.

"Here. Let me help you." I said as I started picking up the man's groceries.

"Yes. I am alright, young man. Thank you." The old man said. "But, why help me? You seemed to be in a hurry."

"It's what I was taught to do by those around me. If you see someone who needs help and you know you can do something, you do it. It was nice talking to you, but I need to get to school. Have a good day."  I crossed the street and made my way to school.

After a few minutes, I arrived at Françoise Dupont High School.

"Here we go." I muttered and entered the school.

As I entered the classroom, I met the eyes of Ms Bustier, my homeroom and history teacher.

"Long time no see, Mr Kusanagi." She greeted.

"Likewise, Ms Bustier. I promise not to cause a fight like last year." I replied.

"That remains to be seen. Although, between you and me, Warren deserved it."

I thought back to when Warren Mcginnis, our school's bully and the arrogant rich kid, targeted me for my grades and went as far as to besmirch my mother for not being around and my dead father, resulting in a fist fight along with Kim where I could've been permanently suspended hadn't Chloe Bourgeois stepped in.

Despite being childhood friends with her rival, Marinette Dupain Cheng, she doesn't hate me as much as she hates Marinette.

I went to my seat, which was all the way at the back and waited for the introduction to start until I heard an unforgettable voice.

"Now, there's a familiar face. Welcome back, Kusanagi." 

I looked to see Chloe Bourgeois and her best friend/right hand woman, Sabrina Raincomprix. She was originally the arrogant daughter of Mayor Andre Bourgeois, but eventually mellowed down after last year. Because of my friendship with Marinette, she and I don't see eye to eye a lot. However, we started to antagonize each other less when I helped her with her grades.

In return, she prevented me from getting suspended.     

I noticed a caramel brunette wearing designer clothes.