Chapter 15: Animals on the Loose (Animan)

Ryo POV

Saturday came along and I decided to spend my morning relaxing, training, reading through my notes and pretty much anything to take my mind off Lila and Edward. It wasn't long until I decided to go out on a walk to clear my head.

"Kit, you said that you hated Lila and Edward. But, who was Isabella?" Inari asked.

I sighed. "Isabella was one of my close friends back in Detroit. We were very close, even after my father's murder. When they came along, Isabella seemed distrustful towards them and told me not to get in their way. It wasn't long until I found out Lila was lying about her adventures and I saw Edward..."

I retched in disgust before continuing.

".... having his way with a student on the rooftop. And it was forced. When Isabella and I attempted to expose them, we ended up getting the short end of the stick. Somewhere along the line, Isabella grew depressed because of the bullying and disappeared. The next few days, she was found in her bedroom, lying on her bed with an empty bottle formerly containing sleeping pills." 

Inari's eyes widened in shock. "Oh, Kit. I'm sorry."

I wiped away a tear. "Her parents and brother blamed me for it. After I dropped out, my mother got a new job as a chef in a high end restaurant in Paris. Seeing that I wasn't wanted in Detroit, I accepted and here we are."

As I continued onwards, I bumped into Avaline, who was dressed in a black tube top with a black jacket, black leggings and black and white trainers.     

"Hey." She greeted me.

"Um, hey. What are you up to?" I questioned.

Avaline played with the magatama bead on her neck. "I was just going out for a walk. Didn't expect to run into you."

"Yeah. But, I do like seeing you." I replied, only to blush at what I said. "I-I mean, as a friend of course."

"Yeah. I get it." She replied, playing with her hair.

After a moment of silence, I spoke up.

"Since we're here, do you want to hang out with me?" I asked.

Avaline blushed at this before replying. "Sure."

So, we decided to go to the zoo to see a few exhibits. After getting some popcorn, we talked for a while until we saw Sabrina, by herself and blushing.

"Sabrina?" I called, causing the ginger to yelp in shock.

"Oh! Ryo! Avaline! Hi." She said nervously.

"You ok?" Avaline asked.

"Y-yeah! I'm fine. Just taking in the sights." Sabrina replied.

I thought about her with Nino and let out a small smirk. "Waiting for someone?"

"I'm not waiting for Nino!" She blurted out.