Chapter 2: Bubbles And Birthday Boys (Bubbler)

Ryo POV

Today is Adrien's birthday and I've been working on a piece that I planned to give to him as a token of our friendship.

"Almost done. Just need a few more finishing touches." I said as I stitched the sleeves.

"Gotta admit, I never thought you'd be into fashion." Inari said as he ate the steak I fried for him.

" Inari said as he ate the steak I fried for him

"Not as much as Marinette. But, yeah. You could say that." I replied.

"Are you gonna make one for your girlfriend?" Inari teased.

I scoffed. "Avaline is just a friend, Inari. We've been over this."

"For now~" My kwami replied.

"Ryo!  Are you done!? You're going to be late!" My mother called.

"Coming!" I called back as I quickly wrapped the jacket and put it in my bag.

"Time to go, Inari." I said.

My kwami finished the steak and zipped into my jacket.

Timeskip (After Class)

As Avaline, Abigail and I were chatting, we overheard someone whining.

"Seriously. Has your dad always been such a downer. Doesn't he remember what it's like to wanna party?" 

We looked to see none other than our classmate and friend, Nino. Well, for Avaline, they were just classmates since Nino stated he was scared of her.

" No. I'm sure he was a downer back then, too. At least I tried." Adrien said with a sigh.

"If your dad doesn't want you to celebrate your birthday like everyone else should, then you should tell him overwise." Alya said.

"It's your B-Day, man. Convince him." Tyson urged.

"Hey, guys. What's up?" I greeted.

"Our famous Dragon! Everything's going well. But, Adrien's dad won't let her have a birthday party." Nino replied.

"Really? How come?" I asked.

"No clue." He replied with a shrug, only to hide behind me when Avaline showed up.

"Come on. How is she scary?" I asked.

"You'd be surprised what that permanent glare could do." Nino whimpered.

Good grief.

As the group was chatting, I noticed that Marinette was about to give Adrien a gift until she tripped over. Luckily,  I caught her.

"Thank, Ryo." She said before facing Adrien.

"I...I wanted to gift you a make. I mean, gift you a give I made, I mean..." She stuttered.