Chapter 19: A Grimoire and a Wild Fox (Volpina)

Adrien POV

As I was rushing for school, I overheard my father shouting furiously in his office. With great curiosity, I peeked my head into his office.

"Yes, I'm busy. I was right in the middle of something very important. What do you want?" He pauses, then frowns. "What?! This is unacceptable! The sample garment doesn't match at all! All you had to do was follow a pattern. Imbeciles! What am I supposed to do?" He closes the book and picks it up. "The show is in three days! No, don't use him, he's completely useless."

My father goes to the painting of my late mother , revealing a safe behind it, into which he places the book before he closes the portrait.

"Call my assistant, Nathalie. She'll give you some other names." He said and hung up.

I quickly hid behind a pillar as my father exited his office.

"He hides stuff behind a painting of Mom?" I muttered.

"Ohh~. I love dirty secrets." Plagg quips as I exited the pillar and walked over to the painting, opening it.

"Oh, yes! Go on, go on!" Plagg urges.

I shook my head.  "I can't do it. My dad wouldn't like me going through his stuff. Besides, I don't even know the code, and my fencing class is about to start."

"You're such a party pooper!" Plagg then phases through the safe door and unlocks it.

"Plagg, no!" I hissed and opened the safe, only to see him rummaging through Dad's stuff.

"A book on Tibet, an old flyer from a hotel, a load of junk, come on, where's the good stuff?" Plagg knocks the book Dad was looking at into my arms. "I've seen this book somewhere before. But who cares? I'm famished! I need Camembert!"

"Is that all you think about?" I rolled my eyes as I looked through the book

"Is that all you think about?" I rolled my eyes as I looked through the book. "Why would Dad keep a book of superheroes?"

I gasped as I saw a fox hero resembling Kitsune. Then a cat hero. After flipping through, I found a page of Hawkmoth.

Why is he here!?

"Cheese! Didn't you hear me?" Plagg asks.

"Pipe down, Plagg!" I warned.

I gasped as I heard footsteps. In a flash, I quickly picked up the book and stuffed it into my bag, closed the safe and the painting and left the office, running into Nathalie and Placide, my chauffeur.

(A/N: Yes. That's Gorrila's real name)

"Adrien? You're going to be late." Nathalie informs.

"I was looking for my homework. Silly me." I lied and quickly made my way to the limo.

Maybe I could show this to Ryo. He could figure it out.