Chapter 13: Self Defence

Ryo POV

Claudia's blog, Critique, has been exploding with comments about how Ladybug is a terrible hero and that Cat Noir, Kitsune and Dire-Wolf  are given the praise they deserved. 

The comments also greatly increased after the fight with Kung Food and Pixelator.

"It's no surprise that the Ladyblog is still glazing Ladybug and showing her as the 'true hero' of Paris." I sighed as Avaline, Abigail, Tyson and I made our way to the next class.

"It's not helping the fact that there are some users who think that Claudia is full of crap and are supporting Ladybug's behaviour." Tyson replied.

"There are most comments that are bashing Ladybug for her horrible actions toward Gloria. The comments ranged anywhere from "Ladybug is not a real hero" to "Ladybug is a horrible lady" ". Abigail said as she showed us her phone. 

"Hah! No doubt about it." Avaline chuckled.

As we arrived at the courtyard, we saw Mr Damocles talking to a well built man in his mid 30s dressed in a black tracksuit and white trainers. His hair was tied into a low ponytail.

"Who's he?" Avaline whispered to us.

"No idea." I replied.

As if on queue, Mr. Damocles announces to the students. "Good morning, please remain quiet. I would now like to introduce a new special addition to the school faculty,"

Everyone remained silent.

The unknown man smiles and steps forward. He clears his throat. "Hello, my name is Antoine Renard, and I am the new self-defense teacher of Françoise Dupont High School,"

Everyone's eyes widened in shock.

"Looks like Claudia's suggestion really paid off." Avaline smirked.

"With all the akumatizations going around, we'll need all the help we can get." I replied.

"Now I know you're all wondering why I have hired a self-defense teacher," Mr. Damocles began.

"Since the beginning of the supervillain Hawk Moth, I have noticed a lot of students at this school have been Akumatized victims of that terrorist, and some students get hurt or put in danger when being faced with an Akuma from this school. Besides Akumas, it has come to my attention that physical bullying happens," Mr. Damocles explains. "And I don't appreciate that one bit,"

I heard Warren scoff and rolled my eyes.

"Antoine , here, will teach you all the basics of self-defense. You will use them in dangerous situations and to get yourself to safety," Mr. Damocles pats Antoine's shoulder.

Everyone claps. Although, Marinette looks upset over the new teacher being added at the school.

"Another teacher. Great." The bluenette scoffed.

"Our Class Representative,  Claudia Lombardi," Damocles announced, earning a smile from the brunette, "was concerned for everyone's safety. She brought the idea of a self-defense teacher to me, and I thank her. Please, give her a round of applause," Mr. Damocles instructs.

We clapped for Claudia while Chloe gently nudged her childhood friend.

After Damocles' announcement, we went to class. I overheard Marinette and Alya talking about our self defence teacher.

"You're not fooling me with the little lies, Marinette. I saw the look on your face as the new teacher was being announced. What's going on?" Alya asks.

The blue haired stalker sighed.

"I just don't think a self-defense teacher is necessary. Ladybug is a hero, SHE should be doing all the protecting," Marinette replies.