Chapter 12: Tyson's Past (Gamer AU)

A/N: Instead of Max being akumatized into Gamer, this chapter is going to be explaining Tyson's disdain for Marinette.

Ryo POV

Everyone in the library was playing a game called Ultimate Mecha Strike III. We watched as Adrien and Max play against each other while Alya records them.

I occasionally play the game whenever I'm not studying and sometimes ask my friends, except Marinette and Alya, to come over and hang out at my place. Including Avaline and Abigail.

Marinette walks in, a confused look on her face as she makes her way over to Alya.

"What's going on?" She asked.

"Quiet, Mari." Alya hissed.

"Try-outs for the Paris Ultimate Mecha Strike III Tournament! This school sends the two students with the highest scores!" Rose exclaims excitedly.

"Actually, the tryouts are for a partner to team up with Max in the Tournament." Kim says.

"Don't be so cocky, Kim." Tyson teased.

"Why Max?" Marinette asked.

"'Cause he's unbeatable! He's a total rocksord! He's got the highest APM over anyone!" Kim adds.

"APM?" The bluenette asked.

"Actions Per Minute. I'm surprised you don't know that." I replied.

Marinette pouted and looked away.

"This tournament is his whole life! He's been grinding all year to level up." Kim continues.

"Adrien is now in the lead!" Ms Bustier announced.

"What happened, Max?" Kim asks as the students cheer.

Max looks disappointed for a moment as he pushes his glasses up before turning to Adrien with a smile, "Hmm. Awesome job. We're gonna make a killer combo." the two high five as everyone cheers again.

Suddenly, Marinette grins weirdly.

"So let me get this straight. If someone manages to beat Max's score, they'll team up with Adrien at the tournament?" She says.

"Is Adrien all you can think about?" Abigail asked, frowning with irritation.

"And besides, no one  can beat Max. He's unstoppable." Tyson added.

"We already know your plan, Marinette. You're only doing this just to get close to Adrien." Chloe added.

"You can't stop me, Chloé! I can play with whoever I want!" The bluenette protested.

"This is Max's passion! Stick to your tacky looking designs, baker girl! If you even try to step in, I'll have Dia go."

"Claudia? Please, there's no way that a hussy like her can play video games." Marinette scoffed.

"Did you seriously call my childhood friend a hussy?! What is wrong with you?!" Chloé shrieks, catching everyone's attention.

"Chloé, what is going on?" Mr. Damocles approaches.

"Marinette called Claudia  a hussy!" Chloé points as the students gasp.

"Marinette, you can't just go around calling girls hussies." I crossed my arms.

"First you call me a whore and now you call me a hussy?" Claudia asks, crossing her arms around her body uncomfortably.

"I never said that!" Marinette lied.

"That's a lie! She called her that in front of me and Chloé!" Adrien calls out.

The bluenette gasped in shock as her obsession called her out.