Chapter 3: Unravelling The Past (Pharaoh)

Ryo POV

"Don't blink now, 'cause we are live from Paris. Yo peeps, Alya here, bringing you the one and only the Ladyblog."

Alya looks up, hearing the sound of a helicopter, "Huh? What is that?" she watches as Ladybug swings by from the helicopter along with Kitsune and Dire-Wolf while while Chat Noir catapulted after them, one of the heroes accidentally dropping something, "The heroes in action. Hang on 'cause we're going for a ride." she runs over and picks up what was dropped, her eyes widening, "Freak out! What you got here is no ordinary book, it's a tenth grade history book. And I should know, 'cause I've got this very same book. Could one of our very own heroes be a high school student in real life? Whoa!"

I covered my face and groaned in dismay.

"What's wrong? You didn't drop your book." Inari said.

"That's not what I'm worried about. I think Marinette might be Ladybug." I replied.

Inari choked on the beef jerky I gave and gawked at me.

"You weren't supposed to know that!" He exclaimed.

"I know. But, I had a closer look at both Ladybug and Marinette and I realised how similar they look. The pigtails were a dead give away. How no one else doesn't see the resemblance is beyond me." I replied as I looked at my laptop.

"Well, your miraculous has the ability to hide the holder's features so that no one knows who they are under the mask unless they see them transform." Inari told me.

That's helpful.

After school, I made my way to The Louvre with Marinette and Alya, hoping to find out more about the miraculous and the heroes. Inari already told me much about his past, how one of his holders abused his powers and had to be sealed away so that no one could repeat what happened centuries ago. Along the way, we met up with Avaline, Abigail, Claudia, Chloe, Adrien and Sabrina, much to Marinette's dismay.

"Can you believe it? All I gotta do is find out who this history book belongs to and BAM, I figured out one of the heroes' true identity! I'm so on this one!" Alya exclaims.

"If you were smart, Alya, you'd avoid trying to figure out their secret identities." I said.

"Ryo's right. Finding out one of the heroes' secret identity would be disastrous." Abigail added.

"And besides, how are you going to find out Ladybug's identity? Search every bag for the missing textbook?"

"Yep. 'Cause our school is the only school that uses that book! Ha! So, all I gotta do is find out which kid in tenth grade lost their book last week."

"Come to think of it. I remember that Marinette doesn't have her textbook and had to share with Alya. She could be Ladybug." Claudia suggested.

"Please. Baker girl would never be Ladybug!" Chloe laughed.

"I mean, there is a resemblance. Same with Ryo and Kitsune." Sabrina said.

I chuckled. "Just because we look alike, doesn't mean we're the same person. And besides, Kitsune's a much better fighter than I am."

"Of course, I'll only drop her from my investigation when she brings her history book back to class." Alya told us as we entered the museum and went to the Tutankhamun exhibit.

My eyes caught the attention of a pharaoh dressed in Kitsune's attire. I had a closer look and saw that the bracelet looks like mine.

Suddenly, images flashed through my head. I looked to see a man with 9 tails fighting a pharaoh until the man launched a jet of flames at him.