Chapter 1: Summoning a Storm (Stormy Weather)

No one POV

"Welcome to the finals of our KIDZ+ competition! Where today, one lucky winner will be announced as our brand new KIDZ+ weather girl!" TV Host Alec announced as the camera closed up to both Mireille and Aurore. Both of them either waved or giggled in front of the camera. The crowd chanted both of the girls' names.

"We started off with 5000 contestants. But with the help of our audience at home, we whittled our talent down to just these two amazing young ladies! So, let's welcome our fantastic finalists! To my right, Aurore Beauréal, and to my left, Mireille Caquet! Who will be the lucky winner? Vote now! Text 1 for Aurore and 2 for Mireille. And remember, standard text messaging rates apply."

Ryo POV

Ever since I became Kitsune, I started practising in both combat and parkour to improve my skills. Inari explained to me that one of his holders went rouge years ago. As a result, he was sealed away in order to protect the world and prevent his power from being misused again. Whenever I'm not training, I sometimes hang out with Avaline and Abigail.

I learned from Abigail that her parents died when they were young and had to live with their Aunt for the rest of their childhood. She also told me that they had two friends who only befriended them out of pity practically spread rumours about her, resulting to Avaline to become bitter, antisocial and distrustful.

Something that I too can relate.

As for the media, they presented us as heroes while Claudia did a blog on us, criticizing us. While she doesn't mind Cat Noir, Dire-Wolf and I, she seems to be very skeptical with Ladybug.

As I was having ramen with miso soup, I saw that that Mireille Caquet will be the new weather girl for KIDZ+, much to Aurore's dismay.

Poor her. I hope Hawkmoth doesn't catch wind of this. 

My phone started buzzing and I saw a text from Marinette that she, Alya and Manon are going out and wanted me to join in.

On my way. I replied.

Gabriel POV

"The vibrations are so strong, I can feel the eminent anger and sadness. The moment of weakness at my next victim... Such easy prey for my Akuma." I said as I empowered one of my akumas.

"Fly away, my little akuma. And evilise her." I commanded as it flew from my hand and out of the window.

Aurora POV

" I should have won, I have the talent, the star looks, everything! But she took everything away from me. They took everything away from me! They-"

My rant was cut off when the elevator stopped. I looked around and tried to find a way out, only to see an akuma fly towards me.

"No, get away!" I shouted as I swung my parasol at it.

Suddenly, it entered my parasol and Hawkmoht's voice spoke to me.

"So correct you are. You should have won. Yes..." He said.

"Yes. I should've won." I muttered.

" Stormy Weather, I am Hawk Moth. I give you the power to seek revenge on them as my weather girl. All you have to do is bring me the Miraculous. Can you do that?" He spoke.

"Yes." I replied eagerly.

"That's my weather girl. Show the world who the best weather girl really is!" Hawkmoth replied.

Avaline POV

  As Abigail  and I were about to head home, I saw that Marinette was stalking Adrien along with Alya. When she saw that Claudia and Ryo were  part of the photoshoot, she had a look of envy on her face.