𝟎𝟏.

── ✦ ──

Two weeks had passed since Jace disappeared with Valentine, and the New York Institute was in chaos due to Valentine having the Mortal Cup and being able to create his army. Alec, Izzy, Magnus, and Lydia searched constantly for Jace and Valentine, but despite their efforts, they could not find him.

During this time, Chloe was in Idris and attended Clave meetings regarding Valentine, Jace, and the Mortal Cup. The only positive thing about going to Idris was that she was away from her hated mother and sister.

The girl missed her husband, father and friends very much, and the pregnancy was going well and during her last visit she learned that she was expecting twins. This news made Chloe happy and she couldn't wait to tell her loved ones and Alec about it.

Some time later, Chloe was in the living room of the Lightwood residence, where she was staying while visiting Idris. The girl felt tired and nauseous as a result of the pregnancy.

- How are you feeling today, Chloe? - Maryse asked as she entered the living room and looked at Chloe, who was lying on the couch, resting.

The black-haired woman adored Chloe and was happy that the girl was her son's wife. She was even more happy when she found out that Chloe was pregnant and would become a grandmother in a few months.

- I feel a little better, but I still feel nauseous - Chloe replied and changed her position to a sitting position.

- I had the same problem when I was pregnant with Alec, and the nausea will finally go away - Maryse stated calmly and sat down across from Chloe, who placed her hand on her slightly visible pregnancy belly. - I just found out that today we are going back to the Institute and Victor Aldertree will be taking control of the Institute - Chloe informed Maryse.

- That's bad - The red-haired girl said. She didn't like this news, but she was happy that she would see Alec and her family.

── ✦ ──

Back at the Institute, Chloe went to her and Alec's room to take a shower and change into a short black dress that showed off her slightly visible baby bump and black knee-high boots.

- Hi, honey - Chloe said as she saw her husband, who smiled when he saw her.

- Hello Chloe, I missed you so much when you were at Idris - Alec confessed as the girl walked up to him and then hugged him. - And for our baby - He said after a moment and touched his hand to Chloe's pregnant belly before he started talking to his unborn child. - Hello, honey, this is your daddy, you don't know how much I can't wait for you to be born

Chloe smiled at the sight. She saw how Alec cared about the child that might not have been his, and he cared about her.

- I missed you too - The red-haired girl admitted before Alec connected his lips with his wife's and placed his hands on her waist. Chloe returned the kiss with a smile and looked into her husband's eyes.