𝟏𝟎.

── ✦ ──

Chloe hadn't had any contact with her husband for several hours and had a bad feeling. What's worse, Clary was nowhere to be found, which meant that her younger sister didn't listen to Chloe and decided to resurrect Jocelyn.

- Izzy, have you seen Clary? - Chloe asked as she entered the training room while the black haired girl was practicing.

- She and Alec left a few hours ago - Izzy informed her as she stopped practicing and looked at her pregnant sister-in-law.

- She probably went to that witch - The red-haired girl said - She got my husband involved. I will kill her - Chloe said regretfully before she left the training room.

- What witch? - Izzy asked worriedly, who ran after Chloe. Izzy began to worry about her brother, who blamed himself for the death of Chloe and Clara's mother.

- Today I caught Clary cutting a strand of Jocelyn's hair. When I asked her why she was doing this, she replied that today she meet with a witch and wanted to resurrect mother - Chloe explained as she turned towards Izzy. - I advised her against it and told her about the consequences of resurrecting the dead. But apparently she didn't listen to me - Chloe said. - Now I have to go to the witch's house and save Clary

- I won't let you go there alone - The black-haired girl informed her. - Besides, my brother is there. Maybe he helps Clary, but only because he has remorse and is willing to do anything to atone kill Jocelyn - Izzy noted.

Moments later, Jace joined the girls and the three of them left the Institute.

Some time later

The three Shadowhunters stood in front of Iris Rouse's house, where Alec with Clary were staying. She, Jace, and Izzy started climbing the stairs.

- You and Chloe go and check upstairs and I'll check downstairs - Jace said. The blonde man went with Izzy and Chloe because he wanted to protect Chloe from a witch who could hurt her and her children.

- Good - Chloe said before they entered Iris Rouse's house and separated.

Chloe was worried about her husband, and the thought of losing him made her feel terrified and shiver. She knew that repairing the relationship between her and Alec would take a lot of effort, but it was worth fighting for.

── ✦ ──

At the same time, Alec was looking Clary in Iris' house. When he saw Iris Rouse, he immediately pushed her against the wall and held her with his hands. Even though he didn't like Clary, he couldn't let her get hurt.

- Where's Clary? - Alec asked furiously as he looked at the witch with murder in his eyes.

- Take your hands off! - The witch shouted at him.

- Where she is? - Asked the black-haired man, who was fed up with Iris's lack of response. He knew it was a mistake to go to her, but the guilt made Alec willing to help Clary resurrect Jocelyn.