𝟎𝟐.

── ✦ ──

An alarm went off at the Institute, and Chloe, Alec, and the other shadowhunters began to gather in the control room, where a huge picture of Jace appeared with the words "wanted dead or alive" written on it.

- What happened? - Izzy asked as she and Clary approached Chloe, who was looking at a photo of her ex-lover.

- Oh no, Jace - Clary whispered. Chloe had a feeling this situation had something to do with her sister. - Aldertree said he wanted to save Jace - Clary said naively to Izzy.

- Actually, Clary, I said I wanted to find him - Aldertree said, moving between Clary and Izzy. - And you gave me a tip on how to do it -Victor stated as he looked at Clary.

- What did you say him? - Chloe asked and felt even more hatred towards her younger sister.

- Chloe, it's... - Clary tried to explain, but Victor interrupted her.

- Is that everyone? Fantastic - Victor Aldertre said and looked at all the night hunters. - First of all, all Downworlders are prohibited from staying in the Institute without my consent, so I bid those present farewell. Mr. Garroway - He turned to Chloe Victor's father.

- I won't leave Jocelyn or my daughter, - Luke stated as he looked at his pregnant daughter and then at the new head of the Institute. - Besides, my badge will give you opportunities you don't have - The werewolf noted. -   I'll help find Jace

Chloe loved her father and knew she couldn't influence the decisions.

- That's very noble of you, but I insist - Victor said.

- Call me when you can - Luke said to Jocelyn.

- Okay - Jocelyn said as she looked at her daughter's father.

Luke then turned to Chloe.

- Take care of you and your children, darling - He said to his daughter and hugged her. - Bye honey

- Bye, Dad - She said goodbye to Chloe's father before he started walking away.

- You too... Simon. Simon, right? - Victor asked as he looked at Simon.

- It's almost dawn - Simon noted. Chloe knew Aldertree didn't care because he hated mundanes. - I have nowhere to go

- You're smart, I'm sure you'll come up with something - Aldertree said.

- Simon, come on - Luke said to Simon.

- It'll be fine - Simon informed Clary as he looked at her and followed Luke.

- Let's get started - Aldertree said, drawing the attention of all the shadowhunters in the room. - I've reviewed testimonies and reports on unreported missions... and I've come to one conclusion: Jace Wayland is a traitor to the Clave - Victor stated.