𝟎𝟕.

── ✦ ──

4 weeks later

Chloe lay on her husband's bare chest after a night of sex. It had been 4 weeks since Jace had arrived in the City of Bones and she and Alec had recovered.

Chloe was 4 months pregnant. The pregnancy was progressing normally and the belly was more visible. Today Chloe y Alec they were going to find out the gender of their unborn children, and they were happy about it.

Their romantic moment was interrupted by a text message from Chloe's phone. With a sigh, the girl got up and took the phone from the nightstand. After a while, she saw a message from her father about a dead mundane attacked by a demon.

- Alec, we have to get up. My dad found a mundane's body with a hole in its chest - Chloe said as she was about to get out of bed but Alec stopped her. - Let me go, Alec

- 5 more minutes - Alec said sleepily.

- I would like to, but we have work to do - The red-haired girl stated as Alec let go of her and she began to put the robe over her body. - Besides, today we will find out the gender of our children

- I know, darling, and I can't wait for it - The black-haired man told her, looking at his wife's growing belly with a smile on his face. Chloe took great care of herself so that their children were born healthy.

Chloe went to the bathroom to get ready for the mission.

── ✦ ──

Some time later, Alec and Chloe went to check the area to avoid the company of Clara, who had gone on a mission with them due to Jace's absence. At the same time, Izzy was examining the corpse of a mundane with a hole in his chest, and Luke got rid of the police who came to the call about the dead body.

- The demon made a hole in his chest - Izzy said as the police car drove away and Luke approached her.

- I have a feeling there won't be the only victim - Luke said as he looked at the corpse.

- There's nothing around - Alec said and together with Chloe he approached his sister and father-in-law. Izzy took a sample from the mundane's corpse and stood up.

- We're taking the body to the Institute. I'll do some tests to find out what kind of demon it is - Izzy informed the group.

- Then Clary and I will investigate the area - Alec said - Because since the demon is on the loose and attacking, it would be best if Chloe returns to the Institute with Izzy so as not to endanger herself and our children - Alec said as he looked at his pregnant wife.

- I'll go back to the institute, and you promise to take care of yourself, honey - Chloe said. - I can't lose you again - The red-haired girl said worriedly.