𝟏𝟔.

── ✦ ──

Chloe stood next to Alec on the balcony as Magnus gave Max a gift. The girl held her husband's hand and looked at the scene unfolding before her. Chloe couldn't get over the conversation with Jace that had upset her.

- Congratulations - Magnus, who was crouching in front of the boy, congratulated Max. Chloe noticed the dissatisfaction on her mother-in-law's face.

- What is being said? - Alec asked his brother.

- Thank you - Max thanked. - What is you sorcerer's sign? - Max asked curiously.

- Max - Alec said, not liking his younger brother's question.

- At his age, you were so curious too - Maryse said and looked at Alec.

- Okay - Magnus said and after a while he showed his cat eyes.

- How much demon do you have in you? - Max asked him, and Jace came onto the balcony and immediately admonished the boy.

Chloe felt uncomfortable being with the blonde man on the balcony, but she hid it from everyone.

- Max is enough - Jace said. - This is not how we treat our friends, apologize - The blonde man ordered.

- You can't tell me what to do - Max shouted. Chloe was surprised that Max was being rude to the blonde man.

- Don't talk to your brother like that - Alec said.

- Jace is not my brother - Max stated as he looked at Jace with hatred in his eyes.

- Max! - Alec shouted. The man knew the boy's rude behavior had to do with their mother.

- Mom says you're not part of our family - Max said contemptuously. Then Magnus stepped out of the balcony, and moments later Jace did the same.

- It's your fault - Alec said to his mother.

- Alec - Chloe admonished her husband. Girl didn't like the way Alec treated mother.

- Don't interfere, Chloe - Alec said to Chloe. The girl felt disrespected by Alec.

- I didn't want to involve Max in this - Maryse tried to explain, but Alec didn't want to listen to her.

- Really? Max takes his cue from you - Alec shouted furiously.

- Honey, calm down - Chloe said calmly, and Alec ignored her once again, and she didn't like it.

- Mom, if you want to make up with me, make up with Jace - Alec continued talking to his mother, and Maryse left her son.