𝟏𝟕.

── ✦ ──

It's been 3 weeks since Max's party. Currently, Chloe was hanging out with Magnus at his apartment and eating breakfast with him. Everything was fine until Jace entered the apartment and Clary, who was moaning in pain and holding hand, which was partially burnt.

- Don't you have phones? - Chloe asked angrily, who was sitting in a chair at a table full of food. The girl didn't like the fact that someone interrupted her breakfast with the wizard.

- We need Magnus' help - Jace replied and looked at Chloe, who forgave him for the wrongs of the past, and their relationship improved and they became friends.

Moments later, Jace and Clary were sitting on the couch as Magnus used his magic on Clary's burnt hand. Chloe watched them from a distance and felt a little (just a little) sorry for her little sister.

- La Chair brûlée - Magnus said as he finished using his magic.

- That's probably not the name of the dessert - Clary asked nervously.

- It means 'burned flesh, it's a blood oath spell - Magnus explained.

- So it's Iris's doing - Chloe noticed, leaning against a nearby wall. - Alec said you owed her a favor

- Max's party she told me to find Madzie - Clary confessed.

- Then it's time to start looking for she - Magnus said. - All I can do is numb the pain, and when the magic reaches your heart... - He started talking to Clary, and the girl interrupted him.

- I'm going to die - Clary finished for him sadly.

- Magnus, there must be some cure - Jace said pleadingly and stood up before looking at Magnus. - We have to stop this

- Can't we just get her to undo the spells? - Chloe asked and noticed tears in her stepsister's eyes.

- I wish it were that simple, but blood oath spells are irreversible - Magnus stated as he looked at Clary with concern. - Even Iris won't undo this spell - The sorcerer said after a while.

── ✦ ──

Clary was at Jade Wolf's restaurant. Luke looked at her burned hand.

- I don't know what to say - Luke confessed - I was selfish by hiding in the forest. If I hadn't done it, you would never have - Luke continued, but Clary interrupted him.

- It has nothing to do with you - Clary said as she looked at Luke. - I now know why you always made me read the text in small print - Said the girl.

Then Jace entered the restaurant with Chloe and they both approached Luke and Clary.