𝟏𝟐.

── ✦ ──

Chloe, Clary and Izzy stood on the steps in front of the water with heavenly energy and were dressed in white dresses. Izzy argued with Clary, who wanted to undergo a purity test and Izzy did not want to allow it.

Chloe looked at her sister with an indifferent look, as if she didn't care about her sister's fate and preferred not to interfere in her sister's decisions.

- Clary, you can't do this - Izzy stated as Clary wanted to enter the heavenly water.

- Why not? - Clary asked surprised.

- You heard Clary, it's dangerous - Izzy replied and looked at Chloe. The black-haired girl wanted Chloe to help her with Clary, but Alec's wife ignored her request.

- Water only affects demonic energy. Everything will be fine - Clary said.

- What if not? - Chloe asked with anger in her voice.

- Do you think I have demon blood like Jace? - Clary asked her in shock. - There's only one way to find out - The girl said after a while and started walking down the stairs before entering the water with heavenly energy.

- Why didn't you help me? - Izzy asked Chloe. Izzy couldn't do the end decode Chloe, because the red-haired girl could be kind and loving, but also cold and indifferent.

- Because it's Clary life and she makes her own decisions - Chloe noted as she looked at Izzy.

Clary lay down on the water with heavenly energy.

- Ignis aurum probat - Sister Magdalena called out, and Clary was surrounded by a white halo that began to glow in the water. - Clary Fairchild, you have been found free of demonic impurities - She announced after a moment, and Clary emerged from the water and stood next to the Iron Sister.

A moment later, Chloe started walking down the stairs and lay down on the water, just as Clary had done earlier.

- Ignis aurum probat - Sister Magdalena repeated. Chloe was surrounded by a white halo and then something extraordinary happened - the water with heavenly energy began to glow and turn gold, shocking the Iron Sisters, Clary and Izzy.

Chloe didn't know why this happened. She always thought she was more talented than some of the shadow hunters, but she didn't expect this.

- Chloe Garroway-Lightwood, you have been declared free from demonic impurities - Sister Magdalene stated. Chloe felt everyone's eyes on her as she stood up and started walking up the stairs.

Chloe stood next to her younger sister with reluctance on her face.

Izzy came down the stairs, lay down on the water, and Sister Magdalena repeated the formula. A few seconds later the water turned black and tried to drown Izzy.