𝟎𝟓.

── ✦ ──

2 hours later

Izzy went to her brother and his wife's room. The black-haired girl walked over to the bed and noticed the sweat and paleness on the red-haired girl's face, and then she heard heavy breathing coming from her mouth.

Izzy tried to wake Chloe up, but she didn't respond, so Izzy texted Magnus to come see her quickly.

- What's going on, Izzy? - Magnus asked worriedly as he entered the room after receiving a text from Izzy.

- Chloe has the same symptoms as Alec and it worries me - Izzy admitted fearfully as she tucked a strand of Chloe's hair behind her ear. Izzy looked at her sadly, because she knew that the red-haired girl was suffering just like Alec. - How is this possible? - Izzy asked.

- Chloe can feel what Alec feels through the marriage rune because they are connected - Magnus explained as he began to use magic on Chloe to check on her and her children.

- What about her and the children? - The girl asked worriedly as she watched Magnus examine Chloe.

- The kids and her are stable, and Chloe will wake up in a few hours. She will continue to feel pain until we find a way to save Alec, Magnus informed her. - For now, we'll put her next to Alec so he can monitor her condition

Currently

While Magnus stabilized Alec with his magic, Izzy sat down next to the unconscious Chloe and wiped the sweat from her forehead. Chloe lay next to her unconscious husband.

- It's not working - Izzy stated as she looked at Magnus, who was still using his magic on her brother.

- I'm sorry, Izzy - Magnus said sadly, doing everything he could to help Alec and make sure Chloe wouldn't suffer. - The Parabatai bond connects two souls, Jace and Alec share emotions, instincts, forces. It's an angelic bond, so I can't help much, the sorcerer noted.

- Jace looks like that too? - Asked a terrified Izzy, who was worried about people close to her.

- Not necessarily - Magnus confessed when he stopped using his magic. - When Alec called him, part of his soul didn't come back. Now he was stuck, lost between himself and his parabatai

Magnus started using his magic on Alec again.

- But if Jace comes back with this part of his soul... - The black-haired girl started to say, and Magnus interrupted her.

- It will be like medicine - Magnus finished for the girl. - Whatever it is, we have to act quickly. Chloe may be strong, but her and her children's lives may be in danger

- Stay with Alec and Chloe, I'll look for Jace - Izzy said as she got up from the bed and looked at an even paler Chloe who was breathing heavily. Moments later she left the room.