𝟏𝟑.

── ✦ ──

Chloe was talking to Izzy when she saw her husband walking towards them. Chloe knew that Alec had gone to Magnus's apartment because he needed to talk to Jace, who was staying with home Magnus after being kicked out of the Institute. Izzy left so her brother and Chloe could talk.

- Hello, honey - Her husband greeted her. Their life returned to normal, and Alec cared very much for Chloe and fulfilled her pregnancy cravings because he loved her.

- Hello - Chloe said with a smile and kissed her husband on the lips, and he kissed her back.

- How do you feel? - Alec asked Chloe and placed his hand on his wife's pregnant belly and after a while he felt the gentle kicks of their unborn children and promised himself that he would protect them.

- Good, but our kids are active - Chloe replied as she pulled away from her husband and looked at him.

- I know, and our children will definitely grow up to be strong warriors like their parents - Alec said.

- What's going on? - She asked Clary, who walked up to them and interrupted the couple's conversation. Chloe sighed in irritation.

- The Citadel was broken into, Sister Magdalena is dead, and Sister Cleopas is gone - Chloe replied and felt her husband's hands on her waist.

- Oh my God - Clary said. - Valentine? - The girl asked after a moment as she looked at Chloe and then Izzy.

- And who else could do it? - Izzy asked. Chloe guessed that Izzy was angry at her little sister for hiding her new abilities.

- Aldertree is going to Idris to meet with the Council - Chloe informed them.

- I'll ask at the Operations Center - Alec said and stood face to face with Chloe. - Take care of you, darling - He said after a while.

- I'll be careful - Chloe said, and Alec kissed Chloe on the lips before walking away.

Izzy and Chloe left Clary.

- Chloe, Izzy, I need to tell you something about Cleophas - Clary called, and the girls turned to her.

- Did you tell her about the new rune? - Izzy asked coldly and looked at Clary with anger in her eyes.

- How do you know that? - Clary asked in shock, who didn't expect anyone to find out about the new rune.

- Does it matter? Do you know what it's like when those you love ignore you? - Izzy asked, angry. Chloe was glad that Izzy was seeing Clara's true colors.

- Jace said it wasn't safe to talk about it - Clary tried to explain.