𝟬𝟰.

── ✦ ──

Alec, Izzy and Chloe were walking through the streets of New York after a member of the ring slit his own throat in order not to reveal the whereabouts of Valentine Morgenstern.

- Aldertree's strategy isn't working - Chloe stated as she held her husband's hand.

- We've only been to one gym so far. We have to be patient - Izzy said as she walked next to Chloe.

- All members of the circle have taken the same oath and will cut throats before they can tell us anything - Alec noted irritably.

- Do you have any other ideas? - Izzy asked.

- I'm applying for a naval mission. We will reach the ship ourselves - The black-haired man replied.

- Alec, this ship is under a spell. He won't show up on the radar - She informed her older brother Izzy.

- He won't hide from us if we run into him - Said Chloe, who knew her husband was as determined to find Jace as she was.

- It's a really big ocean - Izzy said to her brother and Chloe. - Listen, both of you. You know there's nothing wrong with him. Otherwise, Alec would feel something, right? - Izzy asked her brother when they stopped and the black-haired girl looked at Alec.

- I don't feel anything, Izzy. It worries me - Alec admitted sadly as he looked at his younger sister.

- Everything will be fine, honey - Chloe said caringly before she and the Lightwood siblings returned to the Institute.

── ✦ ──

Some time later, Chloe was talking to her husband and her sister-in-law.

- We should look at aerial drones - Alec said.

- We've already done this - Izzy informed him.

- Then let's do it again - The black-haired man said angrily. - Maybe we weren't looking carefully

- Alec, I know you're angry, but it's just... - Izzy started to say, but her brother interrupted her.

Chloe was aware that Jace's disappearance had affected everyone, especially her husband, who was connected to him through his Parabatai bond.

- You don't know, Izzy - Alec stated as he stopped and leaned against a nearby wall.

- Honey, I know you treat Jace like a brother and you miss him very much - The red-haired girl said with concern in her voice as she looked at her husband. - After all, Jace is your Parabatai, but you know we're doing everything we can to find him.