𝟏𝟓.

── ✦ ──

Back at the Institute, Chloe showered and changed into a tight green long-sleeved dress and knee-high black boots. She left her hair down and touched up her makeup before leaving the room to find Alec.

At one point she saw her husband and Izzy, who was hugging Max. When the little boy saw Chloe, he immediately ran to her.

- Chloe! - Max shouted happily and hugged Chloe, and the girl hugged the boy back.

- Hello Max - Chloe greeted him. - What are you doing here? - The girl asked after a while, and Maryse entered the room and was walking towards them. Chloe then stood up and walked over to her husband and kissed him on the lips before looking at her mother-in-law.

- Alec, Isabelle and. Nice to see you - Maryse greeted them as she stood in front of them next to her youngest son. The woman looked at her children and daughter-in-law. - How are you?

- Really? - Izzy asked coldly.

- Izzy... - Alec scolded his younger sister and wrapped his arm around Chloe's waist.

- The last time you were here you turned your back on us. Especially from Jace - Izzy noted with anger in her voice.

- I was following orders and had no choice - Maryse said. - Max has important news. Tell them, honey - The woman said to Max.

- I have passed the last test and I am ready for the Rune Ceremony - Max replied.

- Congratulations - Alec congratulated his younger brother.

- Have you perfected your roundhouse kicks? - Chloe asked curiously as she felt her unborn children kicking.

- I knocked out two instructors - Max replied excitedly.

- Unfortunately your father cannot come - Maryse informed them. - And Alec, as the oldest man in the family, will lead the Rune Ceremonies - The woman announced after a while.

- Why won't he there? - Alec asked surprised.

- He's busy looking for Valentine - Maryse replied shortly.

- Dad wouldn't do that - Said Izzy, who loved her father more than her mother.

- He has no choice. We're all on high alert after what the demon did to your - Maryse confessed. - And Jocelyn - She said after a moment and looked at Chloe, who didn't feel sad after hearing her mother's name.

- I didn't see you at the mourning ritual - Izzy said with anger in her voice. - At least Dad called and asked how we were feeling