𝟎𝟗.

── ✦ ──

Several days passed after the deaths of Jocelyn, several shadowhunters, and the Silent Brothers. There was mourning at the Institute after their deaths. However, Chloe did not feel sadness and despair after her mother's death like Clary or her father, who disappeared when he learned about the death of his daughter's mother.

But that didn't mean she was a shadowhunter without heart or feelings. Because how could she feel anything after losing a mother who didn't love her, hurt her and hated her from the beginning.

The girl couldn't shake the feeling that her husband was moving away from her. Because he thought Chloe blamed him for Jocelyn's death just like Clary, but that wasn't true. Chloe continued to assure him that it wasn't his fault, but he didn't want to listen to her.

Chloe woke up in an empty bed without her husband, who spent a lot of time outside the Institute. The girl didn't know what to do, and to make matters worse, Jace tried to talk to her, but she wasn't interested.

Chloe also feared that Clary would be able to resurrect her mother. Because her longing for her mother will drive her to do this.

── ✦ ──

All the shadowhunters were at a meeting organized by Victor Aldertree in the control room.

- During the attack on the City of Bones, Jace Wayland fought bravely and therefore the Clave acquitted him of all charges - Victor informed all the shadowhunters. - Lydia's condition is improving

- You quickly left the infirmary. You look good - Jace said as he looked at Izzy and then at his Parabatai's wife, who looked great even when she was pregnant.

Chloe stood next to Izzy and avoided her former lover's gaze.

- I always look good - Izzy replied with a smile. - Where's Alec? - The girl asked after a while.

- Alec blames himself for Jocelyn's death and needs time to sort everything out - Chloe said with a calm voice.

- A new threat has appeared. Valentine has the Mortal Cup and the Sword of the Soul, two of the three Mortal Instruments - Aldertree said. - We need to find out what he is planning - Said the director of the Institute.

- Everything's all right? - Chloe asked as she noticed several shadowhunters looking at Jace.

- I'm fine - Jace replied shortly. - Unlike others. Everyone is looking at me - The blonde man sighed, and Chloe wouldn't want to be in his place.

- Jace, I'm sorry I let them take you to the City of Bones - The black-haired girl confessed. - I thought that...

- Nothing happened - Jace said. - You saved Alec's life, Chloe... and mine. I would do the same

- Tomorrow, as a rite of passage, we will say goodbye to the next victims. 26 Silent Brothers and 3 shadowhunters have already been killed - Victor informed them. - Take time to grieve and plan. Orders will come soon - Aldertree said.