Short 7 - The Damaged Four

It had been the night of Emma's elimination, in which the remaining campers had different feelings about. Bowie was relieved, surprised it hadn't been him going home. Julia could care less, while Millie and Priya were glad to have a strong competitor off their back.

The four had originally been hanging around in the mess hall, mostly sticking to themselves as they ate what Chef called a meal. However, Priya dipped soon after, heading out to find some ice for her head. After the days challenge, she had taken quite the beating from the animals gathered within the camp.

This left Bowie, Julia, and Millie all hanging around the mess hall. They had all been attended at the same table, however they'd remained quiet. None of them had it out for one another, however they weren't friends either.

Millie had soon went to get up, as since no one had been conversating with her, nor did she have no entertainment, she had no reason to be hanging around with them. However, a certain boy made her come to a stop.

"So, the final four, huh? What an interesting group." The tall male would begin, as Millie cocked an eyebrow. Was there a reason he had been being this up? Alongside him, Julia scrolled on her phone, looking from the screen, up at Bowie, then back to her phone. "I really don't care. I could beat all three of you if you were to all rival against me. I've got immunity on my side." The girl smirked as she looked at her phone, while Bowie rolled his eyes. "You do realize you have to win it first, right?"

"I've won multiple times. I have no worries." She'd reply back dryly, as Millie huffed. She knew better than to join in on this dispute.

She stood up from her seat, placing her hands on her hips. "I'll leave you two to it." The teen would say, not allowing either of them to get another word in as she stepped away from the small group, heading towards the door of the dining hall.

                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

As Millie approached the cabin, she took a moment to glance around the island. It had been nearly pitch black, other than the warm shades of light that came from the nearest porch lights. However, they hadn't been replaced in what seemed to be years. The lights were so dim, they barely took into any effect against the darkness.

She would step onto the porch of the cabin, her boots making loud tapping sounds against the planks of wood. As she reached out to open the door of her cabin, she took a look behind her one last time, scanning the area for anything concerning, before taking note of nothing. She let out a small sigh, as she took a step inside the cabin.

                   - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

The girl closed the door behind her. No life could be seen in the cabin, or at least she assumed so. The lights had been off, and when she turned them on, no one had been inside.

She let out a low groan of exhaustion as well as stress, though also was relieved. She hadn't been too sure how much conversation she could take.

The girl took a few moments to collect her thoughts before climbing up to the top bunk, claiming her spot on her bed. She laid down rapidly, a loud thud escaping the bed. She'd been aware these beds were basically on their last bed, but she was too tired to take any concern.

Her gaze soon fell onto the ceiling. Instead of writing her thoughts down in her notebook, she had kept them to herself, which was what seemed to be the best thing to do. By keeping these things to herself though, bottled up a lot of unnecessary stress.

..however, if Priya, or anyone else for that matter found her notebook, there would be much more going on in her life than stress. So this was okay.

                    - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -