0.5

It had been nearing 11pm, that same night Priya and Millie had been found out on the dock. The same night Priya had first engaged with her fellow contestants since her and Caleb's break up.

Despite it being a decent hour, Millie tossed and turned. No matter what she did, her mind couldn't come to a rest. She hadn't been too sure what the cause was.

It had been like this for a near hour. During almost all of this, Priya laid in the bed across from hers, sleeping soundly.

Millie let out a grunt, annoyed by her bodies urge to keep her awake. She fought back the motive she felt to let out a loud and irritated groan, however she held herself back, not wanting to have caused the possibility of waking up Priya.

Instead, after a few more minutes of shifting, to no avail of sleep, Millie sat up in her bed. She froze there for a few moments, making sure her sudden movement hadn't awoken the girl beside her bed, before taking a few steps towards her bedroom door.

With a sigh, she cracked it open, sliding out of the room.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

She hadn't expected much when she left the room. Perhaps just to take a walk to clear her thoughts, however something told her it'd be more than that. A gut like feeling.

As she trailed down the stairs, her eyes glided over the open living space that was laid out in front of her. Just a couple hours ago, this place had been filled. It had now been empty, the once loud chatter within the room now falling to a silence.

A sudden wave of relief hit the young journalist, thankful no one had seemingly continued to lurk downstairs. She'd dealt with her fellow campers enough that day.

She approached one of the many sofas, letting out a huff before pulling herself down onto it, sitting straight up.

A walk sounded nice, but a moment fully to herself to glide over her thoughts sounded much better.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

That was, until she heard the floor creak. Her calm state suddenly was erupted, the teens gaze instantly flashing towards where the squeaking of the floor took place.

From how dark the room had been, it had been almost impossible to make out the individual; but the sounding of their voice made it soon clear.

"Hey there, Millie." Across the room stood Bowie. Although for the cover of darkness, you could tell he had a sly smirk on his face based on the sounding of his voice.

Meanwhile, the sat female let out a low groan of annoyance. "What do you want, Bowie? Haven't you done enough?" She placed her hands to her head, looking towards the floor as the tall boy soon flickered a nearby lamp.

The two now had the ability to see one another, however Millie hadn't lifted her gaze from the floor. Bowie let out a small grunt, before taking a seat next to the journalist.

"Oh, nothing." He'd answer quietly, his peering gaze glancing across the softly lit room. "Just..went for a walk," the boy would quietly hum, as Millie only replied in a scoff.

Bowies eyes suddenly narrowed. "Okay, why so hostile? Do you have a problem with me? Didn't we fix things?" He turned to face Millie, who hesitated, before shrugging.

"I don't know. Just because I forgave you doesn't mean I just forget," she would grunt, placing her hands over her knees as she finally pulled up from her leaning position.

Alongside her, Bowie rolled his eyes. "Whatever you say hun, but just so you know, I can read you like a book." He'd say, turning his head away from the writer beside him, who instantly arose from her seat. "And what is that supposed to mean?"