Chapter 7: Welcome to THE PIT

Me and Fishlegs just finished a training session but I still wanted to put some shots up so I shot a couple more and I barely missed a single shot, then I added a couple of moves before shooting, and the feeling of my heart pumping and sweat dripping down my forehead was something I was longing for.

"Woah! Why does every time I saw you, you just gotten better and better." I heard Fishlegs commented, "I'm just trying new stuff out." I replied passing him the ball, "How about we play one-on-one?" he suggested, "I want to know if all the training paid off." he followed, "Let's do it." I replied.

I have the first possession, I started dribbling and Fishlegs went into a defense position, I still couldn't  believe how his wingspan could be so huge. 

I decided to hit him with some between the legs, when I saw him back up a little bit, I dribbled hard going towards the right when he bit I immediately pulled back giving me enough space to escape his huge wingspan to take a shot and make it.

I saw him smile, its my possession again since I scored, so I'm dribbling again and doing some between the legs and I followed it with a hesitation move and step back, faking a three when I saw him jumped, I dribbled towards the right and I was able to leave him behind for an open lay-up.

The score now is 2 - 0, "Yo! You got me again." John commented smiling and he gave me the ball again, "Check!" he said and now he tightened his defense, not letting me to even dribble the ball, I nudged him a bit to make some space.

I pulled back and dribbled the ball but he closed the distance and tightened his defense again, I was dribbling left to right and he still got me lock, I made a move, dribbling hard to the right then using my left hand to pull back the ball to shift its direction to the left because of the speed I was going to the right and he was stuck to me like a glue and then when I suddenly shifted my direction he was not able to stop his momentum when he tried following my movement making him slip and I was able to make an easy lay-up.

I picked up the ball and when I turned around I saw John with his mouth wide open and his eyes full of awe, he stood up and ran towards me, "That was... That was... SHAMMGOD!" he exclaimed, I looked at him confused, "Shamm-what?" I asked, "The move that you just did, it was one of the smoothest shammgods I ever seen." he replied, "Oh. You mean the move when I dribbled the ball towards the right then pull it back with my left hand?", "Yeah that one. It was the shammgod.", "It has a name? My mom always did that move and I could never managed to stop it." I replied, "Woah! Leave it to the First Valkyrie to make awesome moves." he answered, "That's real talent. just like you, Hiccup." he said. 

We ended the game with the score 3 - 0, "I still couldn't beat you." he told me, "But you were far greater than before. you were faster and stronger. You're defense improved as well." I replied, "You think so" he asked, "Yeah. I'm sure we'll be able to make the team." I remarked and he smiled in reply. 

At around 9 pm, I went home and I saw my dad chilling on the sofa watching something on the television. "I'm home." I told him and I went straight to the fridge, "Hungry?" I peeked out from inside the fridge , "Kinda." I replied while already biting a piece of bread.

I went up to my room carrying the food. After finishing the food I brought with me, I literally flopped down on my bed and slept like a log. 

I woke next morning through my phone's alarm, I wiped away the drool dripping down the corner of my mouth and went straight to the bathroom.

I walked down and saw my mom preparing breakfast, "Mornin' Dad!" I greeted, "Oh! You're awake! Good timing I just finished breakfast, let's eat." my dad said and I sat down and started eating.

I finished eating and it was already 7:30 am, so hurriedly went out and ran towards the bus stop when I suddenly heard a shout from behind me, "Hey Hiccup! Wait up!" I turned around, "Hey Fishlegs." I greeted him and we both ran towards the bus stop and luckily the bus just arrived.