Chapter 28: First One Who Misses Lose

I woke up all sprawled out on my bed, all I can open was my eyelids, my whole body was heavy and hurting especially my mouth. I felt movement on my back and it was Toothless who made me his bed. 

I realized that I was still holding my phone in my hand, "Shoot! I fell asleep last night while on call with Astrid." I realized, "I should call her later." I slowly rolled over to remove Toothless from my back and pushed myself off of my bed and walked to the bathroom to relieve myself, washed my face, and brushed my teeth carefully, "Oh man!" I saw my lips a bit swollen.

I walked to the kitchen and all I saw was a note posted on the fridge, "Son, I will be out with your Uncle Gobber. See you later in the evening. Love Dad." I read, "Let's make something to eat." I opened the fridge, took out a cold water bottle and pressed it on the swollen area to alleviate the pain.

I scanned the contents, I whipped something up and had my breakfast.

After eating, I jumped on the couch and put on a sports channel on the television. "Hi Astrid. Sorry for sleeping on you last night." I sent a message, "No worries. How are you feeling?" I got a reply almost instantly, I decided to call her than texting her. 

"I got tired of typing." I laughed, "Me too. I was about to call you myself." she replied, "So how are you?" she asked again, "I'm feeling okay. There still pain all over my body and my lips are a bit swollen.", 'Really? Let me see.", "What do you mean? Facetime?", "Yup. Come on." so I facetimed her, I saw her laying on her bed. 

"Woah! It really is swollen." she pointed out, "It's all good. By the way, what time should we meet? I have a meeting in the afternoon." I told her, "Is 10 am a good time? If we want to watch a movie, we should go out by that time." she responded, "How about we just go out for lunch and let's watch the movie later after my meeting?" I offered, "Then that means I'll be going with you in your meeting." she replied, "Oh, right. I just can't leave her in the mall." I realized, "If it's all right with you." I said and I saw her smile, "I'll start preparing. See you later. Bye babe.", "Bye, milady." she chuckled before ending the video call.

After the call with Astrid, I turned off the TV and went back to my room to prepare too. I took a quick shower and put on one of my new hoodies, some casual shorts, and my new AF1s. I locked down the house and made my way to the bus stop, I sent Astrid a quick text, "On my way to the mall, meet you there."

I arrived at the mall at around 9:45 am and I sat on a vacant seat in the food court on the second floor, waiting for Astrid. "I'm on my way in." I received a message, "I'm on the food court, second floor." I replied.

I was playing a game on my phone when someone suddenly covered my eyes, I was startled, "Astrid?" I asked, "How did you know?" removing her hands and sitting on the seat in front of me, "You're the only one who would do that to me." I looked at her and she was wearing a white hoodie with gold details and had her hair in a high ponytail.

"Where do you want to eat?" I asked, "I know a place that cooks delicious steak dishes." she stood up and pulled me from my seat.

While we were walking, people started stopping us, asking for a picture with Astrid.

One girl even asked me to take the picture for her which I happily did, "Sorry for that." she apologized, "It's okay. It comes with being famous." I smiled, "Here we are." we were in front of steak house type of restaurant.

We went in and scanned the menu, "Order what you want. My treat." I announced, "Woah! Really?", "It's my celebration.", "All right." then the waiter came up and list down the orders from both of us, "So what's your meeting all about?" she asked, "I think its for our jersey number for the coming qualifiers." I replied, "Have you given any thought on your jersey number?", "My jersey number in middle school was 9. But I'm thinking of changing it to 1.", "Just like mine. Inspired by me?", "It's for a different reason.", "What reason is that?", "It's my mom's number." I told her and she smiled.