Chapter 29: A Kiss

The other players started arriving one by one and immediately all their eyes were on Astrid, "I'll head down. Are you gonna be okay here?" I asked Astrid, "Don't worry about me." she replied so me and Fishlegs headed down with the others.

Coach E arrived with a woman beside him, "Hello everyone. This is Frida, she'll get your measurements for your jerseys." Coach E introduced the lady with him, "Hope you all got a good night's rest." he continued, "We are here today to talk about everyone's jersey number and the starting five for the upcoming qualifiers." Coach E brought out a table and a huge box.

"First, I'll distribute the varsity team's jackets. Pass this around." Coach E started passing jackets of different sizes to us.

I stared at the jacket before trying it on, "It really suits you." Fishlegs complimented, "Yours too." I replied.

"So now everyone have their team jackets, write down your name and jersey number and Frida will start measuring you" Coach E instructed.

I walked towards the table where a piece of paper and pen were resting, I saw there were already names written on it so I wrote my name and jersey number after their names

Hunters Basketball Team

Name & Jersey no.

Cedrick Kinsman 10

Pierce Booth 9

Marvin Elliott 8

Henry Haddock III 1

Frank Justin Ingerman 5

Dominic Watkins 2

Percy Garner 6

Gary Bowman 12

Norris Johnson 4

Greg Bishop 7

Stephen Benson 3

Bruno Richards 14

Melvin Lyons 11

Erasmus Townsend 13

Chandler Thorston 15

After everyone had written their names, the lady started measuring and asking us of our preferences.

"For the starting five for the qualifiers, let's decide for it during training so hat we can work on the team's chemistry." Coach E announced, "That's it for today, we'll formally start training on Monday after classes. The qualifiers will be next week, I know that we don't have a lots of time to train but I can guarantee that we will make it work." he told us, "All of you come here." he instructed us, we all formed a circle then he put his hand in the middle, "Cedrick, lead the chant.", "Burn them up on three... 1... 2... 3...", "BURN THEM UP!" the gym was filled by the loud roar.

The meeting was adjourned and Fishlegs already left since I told him that I still have plans with Astrid, I went back to her, "Looks nice on you." she commented, "Thanks. Do you also do the chant whenever you play a game?" I asked, "Something like that. Ours goes like 'Fight until the end." she told me.

"Should we go? We might miss the movie." I stood up and changed from my team jacket back to my hoodie, "Let's go." she clung her arms around mine once again.

We arrived at the movies, everything was scheduled to play 30 minutes from now so we had time to look at the available movies.

"What do you want to watch?" I asked her, "I love comic book movies." she replied which took me by surprise, "Really? Me too. I was not sure if you'll like it but I really wanted to watch that movie." I replied in absolute glee, "I'm a huge fan of these kinds of movies." she admitted which made me smile.