Chapter 20: A Misunderstanding

Astrid's POV

I woke up because of the loud knocking on my door, "I'm up." I shouted as I made my way to open the door.

"Good morning dad." I saw my dad standing with a teasing smile on his face, "Did something happen?" I asked, "Tell me honestly, are you seeing someone?" he asked back, his question woke me up.

"Huh? Where did that came from? It's too early for that, dad." I told him, "Look at this." he showed me his phone and it was article from a sports website, it reads: 'Is Astrid Hofferson dating someone?', it was accompanied by a photo.

I immediately knew it was me and Hiccup, it was when we left the Cove and on our way to the ice cream shop, "So?" I crossed my arms, "It's nothing, dad. You know I would tell you and mom if I was dating anybody." I explained and my dad was looking at me with his right eyebrow raised and I smiled at him before closing the door, "I just hope he's better than your last boyfriend." he told me, "Okay, dad. Get out. I'm gonna prepare for school." I pushed him out of my room, "Someone like Hiccup." he declared and I felt my face heat up, "Love you, dad." I closed the door, "Love you too. Get prepared quickly or you'll be late." I heard him laughing. 

I came to school and I immediately got swarmed by the other students, "Are you really seeing someone?", "Is he from here?" I kept hearing them shouting things like this, "Hey everybody! Leave her alone." I looked for the source of the voice and I saw my bestfriend, Heather walking through the sea of people surrounding me, I also saw my other friends; Amanda and the twins: Tasia and Rebecca.

"Okay, you can all go now." Rebecca said firmly and they all dispersed, "Thanks for the help." I thanked them and Tasia grabbed me in a headlock, "Spill the tea, A. You never told us that you're seeing someone.", "What the hell are you talking about?" I replied, "Don't play dumb." Rebecca joined in, "Good for you." Amanda happily stated, "I'll tell you later what really happened." I broke free of the headlock, "Just answer this, is he from here?" Heather asked, I nodded.

They let out girly squeals and I just covered my ears as we walked to our room.

- - - - - 

"Hey A. Let's get something to eat." Heather stated, "Sure. Just let me finish this." I was packing my things back in my bag when I felt my phone vibrate in my pocket.

"Have you seen the article?" I read the message from Hiccup, "So he already seen it too." I thought, "Are you free? Can we talk?" I texted him, "Sure. Where?" he replied, "Men's Basketball Gym." I said, "Alright." I read, "Hey A. A? Astrid?" I felt a nudge on my shoulder, "I've been talking to you for the last 5 minutes." Heather reminded me, "I-I'm sorry... I need to go somewhere." I told them, "Wow! You just got a boyfriend and you're already prioritizing him over us." Tasia remarked, "He's not my boyfriend. Something just came up." I rolled my eyes on her, "Next lunch will be my treat." I added, "Okay. But you need to introduce him to us, okay?" Heather declared and I saw the other girls standing behind her.

"Okay... Okay..." I replied, I waved at them as we go on opposite directions, they all just made kissy faces which made me laugh.

Hiccup's POV

When I got there the door was ajar, I looked at my right and left side to make sure no one was there to see me entering. I peeked inside and it was dark, the only light was the rays peeking through the open windows.

"Astrid?" I called out while I was walking inside, "Astrid?" I called out again when I suddenly felt a hand on my shoulder which made me turn around and I was shocked on how close our face are with each other. I quickly stepped back but I got out of balance and I pulled her down with me.  

When I opened my eyes, she was on top of me and her face was just a few inches from me and I could see her eyes widened in surprise because of the situation we were in.