Chapter 10: The Valkyrie

"Astrid Hofferson..." I read it again since I couldn't believe it was her who I saw last night, it came to mind but it's been years since I last saw her so I wasn't really sure, people change take me as an example. 

I ate my burger and soda while staring at her banner, I'm not gonna a lie but she's really beautiful. I shook my head and tried to thinking of a way to escape this predicament I was in. 

"I just hope she didn't find my notebook or it will be a very awkward reunion." I mumbled to myself. 

I was planning to go back to my class when something caught my eye, just a couple of feet from where I was currently standing was her, "Astrid." I whispered under my breath, I tried looking for any other way but it was a hallway, the only ways were forward or backward. 

But I realized that, "She don't know what I look like and I'm not even sure if she really is the one who found my notebook so let's not jump the gun immediately and do anything stupid." I slowly lessen the distance between me and her.

I acted normally as I can but I felt that I was doing the opposite. I was fidgety and I can feel the sweat forming on my forehead.

She was standing with other girls by the door of one of the classrooms, I walked straight without looking around because I don't want to make eye contact with her.

I was about to passed by her current location when I just shifted my sight ever-so-slightly to the side and to my horror, she was already looking at me. 

Our eyes met and I saw her eyebrows furrow a little, I immediately returned my look forward and I continued walking.

I managed to reach my classroom without any more trouble, I was satring at the clock at the front of the class while I was thinking of Astrid when I saw a very serious Fishlegs entered with heavy footsteps, he looked at me like I did something despicable.

He went towards my direction, not breaking eye contact and when he reached my desk, he slammed his hand hard, "YOU!" he shouted and I was anticipating him lifting me by the collars, "Thank you!" he followed with now a huge smile on his face.

I raised my eyebrow, "Huh?" I was so confused, "Are you okay? Did you hit your head or something?" I continued, "You won't believe who talked to me. She actually talked to me." he said happily, "Okay? Who talked to you and... what does this have do with me?" I asked, "You wouldn't believe this." he said, "Okay, stop with the dramatic pauses and just spit it out." I told him, "Alright. Astrid actually talked to me. I couldn't remember the last time we talk or even acknowledge each other." he was really elated while I felt my heart dropped down to my stomach.

"W-what did she say?" I asked nervously, "Funny that you asked, she asked if I was from Class 10-C and if I were classmates with you." he answered, "I didn't know she knew you were back. I thought you two never met since coming back here." he wondered. 

"What did you say?" I asked, "Of course, I said yes." he replied, I facepalmed myself, "She told me to tell you that she wants to talk to you later after classes at the Men's Basketball Gym, if possible." he added, I didn't say anything, "I feel like she wants to catch up with you." he followed, "I... I doubt that." I said in reply.

"She really did find my notebook. I'm so dead." I told myself. "You're so lucky, man. And thanks to you, I had the opportunity to talked to her again." I heard Fishlegs say but I didn't react because I was already thinking of the possible outcomes of the oncoming interaction.

I kept looking at the clock, hoping for it to go a bit slower but it didn't and so the class ended on time.

My other classmates started leaving while I was still slowly packing my things but I can see Fishlegs practically jumping in happiness and he's very excited.