Chapter 35: It's GAMEDAY!

My alarm went off at 5:30 am, I pushed myself up off of my bed and headed to the bathroom to take a leak and a shower.

After drying off, I wore my long compression shorts under my jersey shorts and I took my jacket and decided to wear a shirt under it instead of my jersey and just changed into it before the game so I packed it up along with the other things I'm going to bring.

I checked the time and it was already 6:15 am, I was about to walked out of my room when I remembered something so I went to one of my drawers and took with me, the ninja-style headband Astrid gave me.

I walked downstairs and I saw my dad packing a couple of sandwiches and a banana inside a brown paper bag, "I know that you won't be able to eat your breakfast so bring this and eat it on your way there." he gave me the paper bag, "Thanks, dad." I hugged him before going out, "Good luck. Do your best." he told me and I waved back before closing the door.

I immediately saw Fishlegs standing outside, "Good morning." I greeted cheerfully, "What's so good in the morning?!" he grunted, "Seems like you didn't get the needed sleep.", "Yeah. After we talked last night, I tried what you said and get some milk but nothing happened so I was still awake at around 2 in the morning and when I finally got some shut eye, it was already 3 am. But you look like you got enough rest.", " Yup. The milk worked for me." I replied as we approached the bus stop.

We arrived at school and we saw a bus parked by our gym, "Is this a team bus of some kind?" I asked Fishlegs, "Maybe." he answered, we went around the bus and inside the gym where we saw Coach E and our teammates and also the 'Valkyries' ".

"Oh. It's not just our team bus but the whole basketball division's team bus." I told myself, we walked to the others who were all sitting on the stands, we greeted each other with high-fives and fist bumps.

The coaches of both teams started counting the number of players, "So everyone's here. Get on the bus. The 'Valkyries' will be sitting on the right side while the 'Dragons' will be on the left." Coach E instructed, "No funny business." he added and everybody turned towards me and burst into laughter.

Everybody was quietly walking towards the bus when out of nowhere Cedrick exclaimed, "LOOK ALIVE PEOPLE! IT'S GAMEDAY!", "BURN THEM UP ON THREE! ONE! TWO! THREE!" Cedrick shouted, "YOU HEARD HIM! VALKYRIES! FIGHT UNTIL THE END!" Astrid shouted,  "BURN THEM UP!" , "FIGHT UNTIL THE END!" everyone joined in shouting their chants. A smile formed on my face, "This is really it."

Everyone was starting to get in the bus, the 'Valkyries' went in first since my teammates wanted to seem like gentlemen.

I suddenly felt my phone vibrate inside my jacket, I checked and it was a call from Astrid.

I looked in front and I saw Astrid looking back with her phone pressed on her ear, mouthing the words, "Answer." I nodded and picked up to call.

"Hi." I greeted her, "Hey..." she replied, "Hmmm... What's up?", "I just want to make sure that you're not nervous.", "I'm actually not that nervous. Maybe it'll come later." I heard her snicker from the other line,  "You want to sit next to each other?" she asked, "U-uhm... B-but our seats are already designated so I don't think it's possible." I stuttered, "I'll be sitting at the back where the seats are joined so that we can sit with each other.", "I... U-uh... Sure." I stuttered again, we continued talking until I got in the bus and I saw the seats in front was already full and when I looked at the far back I saw Astrid waving at me and patting the seat beside her, I nodded as I put my phone back inside my jacket.

I sat beside her, "Hi." I greeted her and Heather, who was also sitting beside her, "How's your lip?" she asked, "It's okay. Hurts a little but it doesn't affect me as much." I replied.