Chapter 19: Snap! I got Snapped

I continued sipping on my milkshake as we were waiting for our orders, I was looking around and I can see people looking at our table but I think they are mostly looking at me and wondering why was I'm with Astrid, "Hey Hiccup?", "Hmm?" I looked at her, "Aren't you bothered by them?", "I'm too tired to mind them." I replied and I heard Astrid chuckle.

"Would it cause a problem seeing you here with me?" I asked her, "Should we leave?" I followed, "No, it's okay. We ordered already." she assured and our food arrived.

"Burger and fries." the waiter said and I pointed at Astrid's direction, "Two pieces of fried chicken and fries.", "That's mine." he put it in front of me, I thanked him and started to dig in.

"Woah! This is good." I heard her exclaim after taking a bite on her burger and I smiled looking at her enjoying her food.

We continued eating and conversing with each other. I don't know why I feel so comfortable around her, I don't usually talk this much around anyone.

I can just keep talking and talking when I'm with her. I caught myself staring at her while I was sipping my milkshake then she looked at me, "Hmmm?", I shook my head and went back to the fried chicken and fries that I was eating, "How's the milkshake?" she asked, "This?" I held it up, "It's quite good actually."

"You want to try some?" I offered her and I saw the worried look in her eyes, "I can order you a new milkshake if you want." I took back the milkshake, "No. It's okay. I just want to try it anyway. No need to order again." she replied, taking the glass of milkshake I was having.

"I'll get a new straw." I told her but I already saw her sipping through the straw that I was using, I saw her raise her eyebrows like she was asking "Were you saying something?" and I just smiled and shook my head.

"How was it?" I asked as she gave me back the drink, "Sweet... Extremely sweet." I laughed at her observation, "But good." she smiled.

We finished eating and I saw her reaching inside her bag, "I got this." I told her, "What? No. I can't let you pay for my meal.", "It's okay." I gestured for the bill and the waiter came to our table with a clipboard, I quickly nabbed the clipboard and put in the money before Astrid can stop me.

"Hey!" I just smiled at her then a couple minutes passed, the waiter came back with a tray with some coins, "Thank you." I thanked the waiter.

"How much do I owe you?" Astrid asked as she took out her wallet, "No need." I replied, I saw her looking at me with an angry expression.

"How about we have a bet when we play one-on-one again? If you win, I'll let you pay me back and if I win, we'll forget about it." I suggested and she reluctantly agreed, "You got a deal."

We went out of the milkshake shop, "My dad said that he'll fetch me, do you want us to give you a ride?" Astrid asked, "No, it's okay. I have somewhere to be." I made up, it's just embarrassing for me to always ride with Astrid. 

I walked towards the bus stop on the other side of the road as she waited in front of the milkshake shop for her dad. I waved at her from the other side of the road, she smiled and waved back.

Three buses already passed by and I didn't get on any of them because Astrid's ride hasn't arrived yet, I just sat at the bench and glancing at her direction secretly.

I saw her kept checking her phone and I just continued sitting there and acting like I was doing something on my phone too.

A couple more minutes went by, her dad's car stopped in front of her and she got in.

I stood up and stretched my whole body and quickly realized that it was a bad idea when my body felt like being ripped apart, I groaned in pain and thankfully, a bus arrived just in time.