•44•

-Monday morning-

At the break of dawn, the gentle caress of a knock on my door roused me from slumber. "Y/n," I heard, the sound weaving its way into my consciousness. With a drowsy acknowledgment, I sat up, blinking away the remnants of sleep. "Hm?" I mumbled, caught in the liminal space between dreams and wakefulness.

Tommy's voice, laden with a sense of urgency, cut through the haze. "Are you almost ready? We need to leave early," he asserted. Confusion painted my expression as I fumbled for clarity in the early morning hours. Consulting my phone, its screen bathed in the soft glow of dawn, I discovered it was 7 o'clock.

A surge of realization prompted a swift response, "No sorry, I'll be ready in a few." Hastily, I rose from my bed and made a beeline for the closet. The echo of Tommy's footsteps receded as he retreated to his own bedroom. In the quiet solitude of my room, I swiftly selected my attire, the urgency of the morning propelling me into action. With determination, I stepped out of my bedroom and navigated toward the bathroom.

As the shower's steady stream began its soothing melody, I utilized the wait for warm water by doing a few other things

As the shower's steady stream began its soothing melody, I utilized the wait for warm water by doing a few other things. Brush in hand, I untangled the knots in my hair, simultaneously attending to the needs of my teeth with a brisk session of brushing. A few minutes later, with the water now warmed to perfection, I relinquished the shower's embrace, securing my wet hair in a towel to initiate the drying process.

Eager to make the most of the limited time, I swiftly initiated the changing ritual, only to realize my oversight upon glancing at the clock. '7:10' blinked back at me from the screen of my phone, serving as a stark reminder that we had an early school assembly. Panic briefly gripped me as I rushed to finish dressing, the awareness of the impending deadline propelling me back to my room. 

Seated at my vanity, a sense of urgency propelled my morning routine into a swift dance. My skincare routine, executed with a speed reserved for the most time-pressed mornings, was accomplished in record time. With that task checked off the list, I delved into a minimalist makeup regimen, opting for a swift combination of concealer, mascara, a touch of blush, and a final flourish of lip gloss.

A spritz of perfume lingered in the air as I finished up. I rose from my seat, glancing once more at my phone's display. '7:23' mocked me, a reminder that time was slipping through my fingers like sand. Moving briskly, I traversed the room to the closet, securing socks and shoes. As the rhythmic symphony of my preparations played out, Tommy emerged from his room, a shared disdain for early assemblies etched across his face.

Bag in hand, phone nestled in my pocket, and Air Pods at the ready, I approached the door. A subtle ritual unfolded as I extinguished the lights and stepped into the corridor, closing the door with a muted thud. Tommy, already descending the staircase, voiced our collective sentiment, "I hate assemblies." A silent agreement passed between us as I descended the stairs, gearing up for the inevitable morning ritual at school.

A/n 

Have a great night/ day, next update will be Tuesday.