•46•

A/N 

I really thought I had published this, but I didn't as you could tell. So if I have time between classes or something I upload another. But Im sincerely sorry I really thought I had published this.

Y/n's pov

Glancing towards Tommy, I noticed the unmistakable signs of irritation etched across his features. Before Addie could resume speaking, the commanding voice of the teacher pierced through the chatter. "Everyone, listen up!" the head teacher bellowed, her voice overpowering everyone else's in the room.

Thirty minutes later, the assembly concluded, and a collective shuffling of feet signaled the dispersal of students. With a sense of relief, everyone began to rise from their seats, eager to get over with the school day. Addie and I shared a glance, our unspoken agreement evident as we prepared to navigate the halls towards our next class.

As we filed out of the assembly hall, a small comfort amidst the morning chaos. Me and Addie fell into step, getting prepared for our gym class.

Addie and I navigated into the bustling locker room before joining the throng of students in the gymnasium. Amidst the sea of faces, my attention was momentarily drawn to Matthew, standing with his group of friends engaged in quiet conversation.

"I absolutely hate this class," Addie muttered beside me, her frustration palpable. "Same," I concurred, scanning the room once more. My gaze landed on Daniel, engrossed in conversation with Conner, another student in our year.

Turning to Addie, an idea sparked in my mind. "Do you wanna sleep over this weekend?" I proposed, catching her off guard. Her face lit up with excitement at the prospect. "Yeah, sure," she replied eagerly, but her enthusiasm was short-lived.

"Never mind, shit," she muttered, her expression shifting to irritation. "I forgot I have to watch the dog; my parents are going out of town," she explained, frustration evident in her tone.

A moment of contemplation passed before a solution presented itself. "Well, I could come over instead," I offered, hoping to salvage our plans. Addie's smile returned, her eyes alight with anticipation. "Yeah, if you would like," she responded, the annoyance from before dissipating entirely. With our sleepover plans back on track, the prospect of spending quality time together overshadowed the frustrations of the day.

The gym teacher's voice droned on about the classes agenda, but my attention drifted, only catching fragments of his instructions amidst the chatter of my own thoughts. A perfunctory warm-up ensued, followed by more of the teacher's monologue, which seemed to stretch on endlessly. Despite the mundane routine, the class passed by swiftly, aided by Addie's lively conversation that punctuated the otherwise dull atmosphere.

Exiting the gym, we retreated to the locker room, where the stifling heat elicited complaints from the girls around us. Addie and I exchanged knowing glances before continuing with our day, bidding farewell as we parted ways to our next classes.

Navigating through the halls, I made my way to English class, slipping into my seat, Students engaged in their own conversations. The teacher, preoccupied at her desk, allowed for a brief respite as I settled in.

Daniel's arrival disrupted the tranquility, his presence drawing my attention as he joined our table. The dynamics of the classroom shifted subtly with his arrival, marking the beginning of yet another chapter in the day's journey through the corridors of academia.