•48•

A/n 

there will be two more parts upload before I stop updating this. I honestly can't find anything to write about this story I lost track of where this story was going a very long time ago and I'm finally deciding I'm done. But I do have other stories if you are into heartstopper or other things that will be up in the next week as I finish this story up. I do very much enjoy writing but with testing coming up and a bunch of other things I have coming up with this upcoming month I would prefer to be able to write something I truly enjoy and not something I'm only writing because there is people reading. So I have the last parts finished and all scheduled to publish from 11:00 to 13:30. I hope you have a great week and enjoy the last parts.

Y/ns pov

Exiting the classroom, I strode down the familiar hallways, following my usual route to our designated meeting spot where Addie and Tommy awaited. Tommy, ever eager, had surged ahead, seizing the chance to escape the confines of the classroom as soon as the teacher granted us freedom.

Stepping out of the school building, I spotted Addie and Tommy already settled in our usual spot. Addie's bright smile greeted me as I approached, her excitement palpable in the air.

"Hey," she chirped, her voice bubbling with enthusiasm.

"Hey," I replied with a reciprocal smile, sharing in her contagious energy.

Addie wasted no time diving into conversation, her curiosity piqued. "Did you notice Matthew in math class?" she queried, her eyes alight with interest as we took our seats.

"Yeah," I confirmed, recalling Matthew's distant demeanor. "He seemed completely zoned out, barely even touching his paper."

Addie nodded, absorbing the information before seamlessly transitioning to another topic. "So, get this," she began, her tone shifting slightly. "My mom texted me at the start of class to tell me that my sister broke her arm falling off her bike."

A chuckle escaped her lips as she recounted the unexpected news. "Seriously?" Tommy interjected, his disbelief evident. "Your sister's practically a better at riding bikes than me. How'd she manage to break her arm?"

Addie shrugged, her amusement evident. "I have no idea, but, it's on my mom's Facebook. and the comments are kind of hilarious," she remarked with a grin, highlighting the absurdity of the situation. The three of us talked the rest of our lunch break, we all got up and made our way to the rest of our classes for the day.

It was Friday evening, the clock ticking toward 17:32 PM, casting a golden hue through the window. With my bag packed and preparations to visit Addie's house nearly complete, a sudden knock interrupted my thoughts.

"Hey, can we talk?" Tommy's voice sounded from beyond my door, his presence unexpected but not unwelcome. "Sure, come in," I responded, setting down my mascara brush and turning towards the door.

As Tommy entered, he appeared somewhat uneasy, his cheeks tinged with a hint of red as he took a seat on my bed, his gaze fixed on the floor. Sensing the weight of his words, I waited patiently for him to speak, curiosity mingling with apprehension.

"I... uh... there's something important I need to tell you," he began, his voice wavering slightly. His hands fidgeted in his lap, betraying his nervousness. I nodded encouragingly, urging him to continue.

With a deep breath, he finally spoke, his words laden with vulnerability. "I know we've broken up and all, but I can't shake this feeling. I still really like you, maybe even love you. I know you said we're better off as friends, but... I just had to tell you."

His confession hung in the air, my cheeks flushing a faint pink as I processed his words. Time seemed to stand still as I searched for the right response, grappling with my own emotions in the wake of his unexpected declaration.