•47•

A/n

The last one part will be up Friday. Have a good day

Y/N pov

"Hey," Daniel greeted with a smile as he settled his phone on the table. "Hello," I responded, returning the smile. "Do we have a test today?" he inquired, turning to me. I furrowed my brow, puzzled. "I don't think so," I replied with confusion in my tone. He nodded, then refocused on his phone as the teacher rose from her seat to begin the class.

For the first ten minutes, she discussed a topic before announcing, "There will be a test tomorrow, so be prepared. And don't worry if you don't pass; it won't affect your grade." With that, she moved back to her desk, retrieving papers to distribute. As she placed a sheet in front of me, I sighed inwardly, feeling annoyed. With reluctance, I grabbed my pencil and began the worksheet, joining the rest of the class in their tasks.

The bell rang, signaling the end of the class, and everyone began packing up their belongings. As the teacher rose, she addressed us once more, "Please hand in your papers on your way out." Students obediently handed over their completed work as they filed out into the hallway.

I submitted my paper and stepped into the bustling hallway, where students filled the space, heading to their next classes. I navigated through the crowd, making my way to my maths class, which was located quite a distance from my English classroom.

Upon reaching my destination, the math classroom, I pushed open the door and entered the room. My gaze swept over the rows of desks until I found my assigned seat at the back. With a sense of familiarity, I made my way there and settled into the chair, ready for the lesson ahead.

In the early moments of class, I observed that only a handful of students had arrived, including Tommy, who was already engrossed in his phone, seemingly oblivious to the world around him. As more classmates trickled in, a sense of urgency filled the air, evident in their brisk strides and hushed whispers.

Among them was Matthew, who quietly took his seat beside me, his demeanor withdrawn as he kept his gaze fixed downward, lost in his own thoughts. His chin rested on his hand, a portrait of contemplation amidst the impending lesson.

Meanwhile, the teacher entered the room, his presence commanding attention as he closed the door behind him, signaling the start of the class. With a sense of anticipation, I turned my focus to the front of the room, not ready for this class at all.

"I'll be distributing a worksheet that must be completed by the end of today's class," announced the teacher, his voice cutting through the air with authority. A collective groan echoed through the room, mirroring my own frustration.

As the teacher moved around the classroom, methodically distributing the papers to each student, I couldn't help but feel a surge of annoyance. The rustle of paper and the occasional sound filled the otherwise silent room as everyone received their task for the day.

Retreating to his desk, the teacher settled into his chair, engrossed in some task on his computer, his attention momentarily diverted from the class. Meanwhile, Matthew remained unfocused.

I scribbled my name at the top of the page, a small act of compliance before diving into the paper laid out before me. The scratch of pencil on paper filled the air as I tackled the assignment, determined to make progress despite the initial reluctance.

With five minutes remaining before the end of class, I completed my paper and glanced over at Matthew's desk beside mine. To my surprise, all he had managed was to write his name at the top of the page; his pencil lay idle on the pristine sheet as his gaze seemed to drift into the void, lost in thought.

As the bell rang, signaling the conclusion of the lesson, the teacher rose from his desk and began to move around the classroom, collecting each student's paper with methodical precision. With each step, he gathered the evidence of our efforts, the rustle of papers filling the room as he made his way to the front.

Arriving back at his desk, he carefully arranged the papers in a neat stack before addressing the class one final time, his voice authoritative yet tinged with warmth. With a nod of dismissal, he released us from the confines of the classroom letting us go to our lunch break. As I made my way out of the class the teacher spoke again "Matthew please stay back for a moment I need to have a word with you" Matthew walked back into the class leaving the teacher and him alone in the room.