Part Five: Talk with Fred

A/n please comment lots letting me know what you think! I appreciate everything! Thanks for reading!

"You busy?" Amelia asked putting a hand on Fred's shoulder. They were in the common room and Fred was strangely sitting alone.

"Yes I'm actually quite occupied at the moment." He said with an air of importance. Amelia looked rather confused.

"You're literally sitting here doing nothing." She said a tad impatiently.

"I'm studying." Fred said, pointing to where his brother was talking to Angelina. "Nothing is more interesting than Fred trying to be charming."

"First of all, you're creepy. Secondly, I know that's George and I know you're Fred." She said sitting down beside him.

"Oh Amelia, you are too smart for me." Fred said patting her on the leg.

"That's probably the most accurate thing I've ever heard you say." She said smiling. She ran her fingers through her shoulder length hair and gathered her courage, she asked Fred something she'd been waiting to do for a while. "Come for a walk with me. I need to talk to you."

"Amelia, dearest. I have to stay here. For science." He said gesturing to his brother. Amelia rolled her eyes and pulled him off the couch.

"I think science can live without this one."

They clambered awkwardly through the portal, Amelia was still not used to it, and made their way to the grounds. Once by the lake, they sat under a tree and Fred looked at her expectantly. Amelia was rubbish at talking about her feelings, so with a deep breath, she began.

"Alright, so here's the thing. I can't control anything I do. I'm absolute crap at all things magic. My mother is going to be so disappointed, she still hasn't written to me by the way, and I've been here for weeks." She took a deep gasp and continued. "My entire class is going to surpass me and I'm a total embarrassment. I feel like a child with no control or knowledge. I'm stupidly powerful and I really can't handle it. Everyone stares at me all the time and I feel like an animal at the zoo. I'm honestly just so scared right now so could you please just tell me what to do." When she finished, she stared at the grass around her feet and picked at it rather viciously.

"And here I was thinking you were going to confess your love for me." Fred said with a smile. Amelia threw her small pile of grass at him.

"It's not funny Fred, I'm being serious." She wished he would listen to her instead of joking around.

"I know! I know! I think you just need to relax, you're being too hard on yourself." Fred said, in a much kinder tone than before. "Listen to me, you're the most brilliant person I know, and you're going to do amazing things. But with all this stuff you have naturally going for you, it just means you have to work really hard at it okay? Give it time."

Amelia stopped terrorizing the lawn and looked up at the wonderful ginger boy sitting next to her. "Thanks Fred." She said with a small laugh. She felt so much better now after talking to him. Even though he had barely said anything. They sat in silence for a bit, before Fred brought up the time they had convinced Ron that if you kissed a garden gnome, it turns into a Veela. Amelia burst out laughing, she could see so clearly, Ron picking up one of those grumpy little gnomes and giving it a peck. The gnome had proceeded to bite Ron on the nose and kick him in the chin.

"Do you remember when Percy got his Prefect badge?" Amelia said, clutching her side. It hurt from laughing at the Garden Gnome incident.

Fred roared with laughter and actually had tears forming in his eyes. "Oh he was so proud, until he realized we bewitched it to give him the worst case of the runs anyone's ever had." Amelia burst into another fit of laughter. Remembering all of Percy's long afternoons spent in the lavatory.

They continued talking and laughing until a prefect from Ravenclaw, yelled at them to get back to bed.

When they arrived back at the dormitory they were greeted by George.

"Where have you been! Beds empty! No note! You could have been dead! Shame on you!" It was a prefect imitation of Mrs Weasley. Fred laughed as Amelia turned to George.

"What do you think we were doing?" She said, it wasn't like they had really been gone that long.

"Could have been fornicating for all I know!" George said throwing his hands in the air, with extreme disapproval. Fred laughed again and Amelia rolled her eyes, although she did let out a small exasperated, chuckle.

"I'm going to bed, see you two wankers later." As she left, they whistled and cat called after her. She laughed and walked so she wiggled her rear a little more than usual. Which caused them to feint. Amelia giggled again and tucked into bed feeling better than she had in weeks.